Med Schedule--HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goaska29, Jan 20, 2006.

1. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Ok, I've given up on trying to put together an accurate schedule. Maybe some of you who are on similar things can help me with my issues. I have no idea what interacts with what (supplements, I understand all perscriptions). So below is my current schedule. Please tell me if you see any loop holes. This is driving me BANANAS!

GoAskAlice's Med Schedule

6am- T3 25mcg

8am- Cortisol 10mg
    Fludrocortisone .5mg
    Transfer Factor 4000 (2) <refridgerated>
    Lumbrokinase (2)

9.30am-Wellbutrin XL 150mg
    Famvir 750mg/ea (3)

10am- Breakfast
    Artemisinin
    Maitake Mushroon (2)
    NT Factor
    ProBoost
    Doxycycline 100mg/ea (2)

1pm- Jarrodophilus <Refridgerated>

2.30pm- Lunch
    Artemisinin

3.30pm- NT Factor
    ProBoost
    Iron
    Famvir 750mg/ea (3)

5.30pm- Maitake Mushroom (2)
    Lumbrokinase (2)

6.30pm- Dinner
    Doxycycline 100mg/ea (2)

8pm- Jarrodophilus <Refridgerated>
    Artemisinin
    NT-Factor
    Famvir 750mg/ea (3)
    Transfer Factor 4000 (2) <Refridgerated>

10pm- Ovcon-35

11pm- Lunesta 2mg
  2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Now that is NOT a criticism..it is just quite a list. I guess my question is ...does it help? Have you improved?
    So far I haven't found any supplement...or prescription that I have tried to work for long term. The only thing that is a constant for me..is the pain meds..and a multivitamin, and calcium, and some extra C, and fish oil ( does wonders for my arthritus.)

I don't know if you have any interactions going on, but I am curious about why you take all that!
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Alice, it looks good to me. The only thing I would adjust is to have the compounded cortisol on it's own. Maybe move it to 7am and then follow with the rest of the 8am'ers as scheduled.

I take my T3 right off the bat ... wait about thiry minutes before having my coffee(minus the real cream) and then 30 more minutes and take my cortisol.

Thirty minutes or so after the cortisol, I take several things that don't have problems interacting togther ... or I take my DHEA/pregnen. (All depends on how I'm feeling that day .... if not great then I do my "quality of life" meds before my DHEA/pregnen.)

It looks like you are very organized and on the right track. I don't take everything that you do, so don't bet the farm on me. I do have an understanding of them though.

Maybe an FFC'er will come along and take a look at it too.

Take care,

Elsa
  4. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

With the exception of the Ovcon-35 (my birth control pill), everything was given to me by the FFC. Most of the stuff was just added in the past week when I found out I had EBV, CMV, mycoplasma, HHV-6, and an "indeterminate" lyme result. Since I just started I still don't know about their effectiveness.

There are just so many things that need to be taken on an empty stomach that I've found myself eating VERY small meals and nothing in between for fear of lessening the effect of the medication/supplement.

I was hoping to add a Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc supplement to my regimen, but I'm not sure where to place it. I know it has to be pretty far from the T3 and cortisol, but that's about it. How can I fit a 250mg pill 3x a day in there?

Thanks,
    GoAskAlice
  5. elsa

elsa New Member

Why don't you add one at bedtime. I know most bottles of cal-mag-zinc say to take it three times day, but I benefitted from taking a ZMA (which is pretty much the same thing) at bedtime instead.

I too have many meds/supplements that need to be taken on an empty stomach so I understand your delima.

The ZMA is sold here and many fibro patients take it for sleep benefit, but it has been around for a long time. Body builders and other atheletes have taken ZMA for post work out recovery .... something we cfs/fms patients need on a daily basis just by living life.

This needs to be taken away from dinner too ... but looking over your schedule, that doesn't seem like a problem.

This was the best way for me to work out getting the supplements listed and still maintain that empty stomach guideline.

Elsa
  6. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I just wanted to make sure that the ZMA won't interfere with my lunesta or anything. I can certainly take it at bedtime if it won't.

Thanks again,
    GoAskAlice