Mediation Approaching: Breach of (FM) Confidentiality

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimfibro, Jun 17, 2006.

1. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i posted on 4/20/06 about my situation at work regarding how "FIBROMYALGIA" was added next to my name on a listing at work. basically for ALL to see.

well, since that post here i've filed w/the EEOC and the company came forward and offered mediation. i agreed. don't want to hire an atty if i don't have to. yet. if we don't find an agreeable resolution it continues on thru EEOC and i'd probably be wise to hire atty.

i've done lots of research about their violation and it's a serious one. the mediation date is 6/29. i'm not the least bit nervous cuz they've admitted to it but want them to PAY for violating my privacy. there's nothing they're denying...it's what i'll be asking for that will be the issue.

one thing i am going to do is hand out the fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome brochure from ProHealth to their atty and whoever else attends. that's for a starter.

i plan to tell them how devasting it's been for me: all of this has wreaked havoc on me, including more fm flares and more fatigue than usual. it's really been awful. STRESS. i haven't worked there in a few weeks and don't want to (i'm per diem).

********SO, TO ALL MY FELLOW FRIENDS HERE I PLAN TO NOT ONLY FIND JUSTICE BUT SHALL SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT FM AS WELL AS EDUCATE THE RN (SHE IS ACTUALLY ALSO THE EXEC DIR!!) WHO DID THIS***********

I AM ALSO REQUESTING THAT THIS RN/EXEC DIRECTOR BE REQUIRED TO TAKE "SENSITIVY CLASSES" OR THE LIKE AS WELL.

any words of advice, support or questions would be wonderful from all of you out there. look up kimfibro, see posting of 4/20 and you'll see the ugliness of the situation.

I PLAN TO SPREAD THE WORD ON FM, EDUCATE ALL PRESENT ON FM, AND THINK OF EVERYTHING YOU AND I TOLERATE EVERY SINGLE DAY......INCLUDING IGNORANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

Please give us a update on how all goes for you....

I find it upsetting also,,,,,,,,,,Susan
  3. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

appreciate that. have you read the post by Peacelearner??

another sad story......horrible treatment.

what the heck is going on out there????????????? echo, echo