Medicaid DOES cover Botox for migraines

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Rene, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

I called the pharmasist to get a number that Botox is labled and called madicaid and gave them the number and they said that medicaid does pay for botox for migraines. I don't have them but my mom does.
    Rene
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

botox work for you?? Rene
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I get migraines,although not as often as I was.I also get medicaid for myself only.(my kids have insurance paid by their dad) Thats something to consider if they come back with a vengence again. I wonder where they give you the shot?? Thats pretty scary!! Lets hope I don't need to go that route.I get them a few a month now....but I used to get them a couple a week!! I've been told they're from my neck.(bad disks and arthritis).
    Thanks for the info!!
    Regards,
    Tracey
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

they cover it. You can call medicaid but they will need the number for botox and its called a NDC #. I have that number and it 00023114501. I called neurologist and found a dr who will give the shot. Maybe a pharmisist has names of drs for you.
    Rene
  5. qman

qman New Member

I have had Botox injections twice in trigger points. I was told it would take a couple weeks for them to start kicking in. After the two-three weeks they did and gave me relief for about 21/2 months... it was wonderful! I had to pay for them... $250 each time but it was worth every cent. Now I have been told that the FDA is looking closer at Botox as a treatment for FMS. if anyone has had botox treatment for FMS please contact them.