Medicaid, need some advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chopindog, Sep 4, 2005.

1. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I do not have medical insurance. I thankfully was approved for my dissability insurance and am recieving $1500 per month from unum provident. I am great full for this money, but it is not enough for the medical care I need. I am wondering if any of you where able to get medicaid, under our diagnosis. I have not tried because I thought I was to young 28. but the other day one of you asked me about it so now im wondering if I have a chance
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

If you are receiving welfare benefits, you would probably be eligible for Medicaid.

I'm really not too familiar with the Medicaid benefits.

You should probably call your local Social Services Office Tuesday morning.

Glad you were approved for your disability insurance benefits!

Take care,
    Janet
  3. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

Call your social services office. Medicaid has a rediculously low (somewhere between $500-600) cut-off. It also varies a bit between states.
  4. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

With your income, it's doubtful you'll get much help from DSHS. But they do have what's called a 'Spenddown'. After you pay a certain amount for your medical bills [determined by them], they'll pick up the rest. It's kind of like a deductable and it goes from year to year.
    But check it out - they take into account your living expenses [rent, utilities, etc.] too, and if you have children or are supporting anyone else.

Char