medical and mental evaluations from SS docs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldoty, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ldoty

ldoty New Member

I just received a letter from SS that I have to have a medical and mental evaluation from SS doctors due to information they received is not enough to make a determinaton. What should I expect to happen at these appointments? I have been dx with FM, depression and migrane headaches. I already have anxiety problems and this certainly has increased my anxiety level. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

I also have been sent appointments for a psychological and an appointment with an internist. I applied for SSD as well.

I called SS and was told they send almost everyone for a Psychological. I was told I would just be asked some questions. Well, I am a retired social worker and know what is done. I expect some testing and also interviews.

The internest will be a physical with range of motion and a look over of my body to determine my physical problems.

I have osteo-arthritis, fibro, spinal stenosis, diabetes, depression, Charcot's and a thyroid problem so it will probably take some time.

Important thing, I have been told, is to be open and honest. Answer questions giving details. I wish you much luck with your appointments. My first one is July 23rd and the internist is Aug 14th.
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

The Dr. the SSA wanted me to see was pathetic.He sure did not help my claim at all.He did not know me or my past.He did basic range of motion and took acouple x-rays(whcih never show anything!!! grrrrr....)He also did not believe that fibromyalgia existed.That is not my only pain problem anyway.He was appalled that I took Vicodin for my pain.He said noone needs Vicodin for pain.I had to remind him of all the osteoarthritis and DDD that I have.Nightmare.
  4. ldoty

ldoty New Member

Who do I contact to set up my own evaluations? Does it matter which state you live in? I went through all the mental testing about a year ago. Thanks for the info....