Medical Experts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UsedtobePerkyTina, Oct 19, 2009.

1. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

I want to compliment the many people who post here. I am so impressed that so many of us laymen have become medical experts, even though we have cognitive problems. I understand more than the person walking down the street. As we all know, lacking knowledgeable doctors, we have to become our own doctors. But I am still not able to comprehend some of the stuff y'all know.

I think we are amazing people. I think there is a story just in our determination to do what is needed, despite our limitations, including cognitive.

I think part of it is the American spirit that has been passed down from our ancestors that we are responsible for our own future and we can't look to someone else to do things for us.

2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

That's inspiring Tina! I always enjoy learning from you in Chat. You are so smart about Journalism and you have so much experience and it's nice to be able to talk with you since you're interested in the science of CFS and FMS.

[This Message was Edited on 10/19/2009]
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Don't forget, Tina, that there are people from all around the world on this board. Not just the USA. It is our desire for wellness that has gotten us to this point!