Medical Food Supplements?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PaulMark, Oct 25, 2002.

1. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

I need some input from some of you please? AS i've posted i'm trying and have tried for some time only to get sicker and not be able to follow it due to severe food cravings and i think the TH2/TH1 thing that makes food sensitivties wore, to follow the 4 day rotation diet.

I'm trying to juggle 2 different medical food supplments one is rice based, Ulra Clear Plus and the other is one this natuprath nutritionist i've been workign over e mail and ph. some like ONe Step from fermented soy, he uses it a lot in cancer patients, i'm no doubt suffering nutritionally as many of us due to various factors, bedridden time, shot gut ecology etc., i fight hte binging constantly, i'm 35 lb.s underwht.

So here is hte POINT i 've asked the companies of these products and even Dr. Cheney my doc, is this like EATING the food?? THey say no. But hey they still have rice and soy and rice was ok on my test and soy was a mild intolerance but theoretically one is supposed to eat these foods ONCE in 4 DAYS as many of you know,

does anyone have an opinioin on this? THe companies of course sell the products, but they say the way they are processed it is not the same as EATing the food.

I guess the same would go for the Immunpro immonocal etc.
    I try to take them, but with my gut problems, have had trouble tolerating in last yr.

SO i asked cheney on 6/l7 about the post someone posted about pro. hubbards alt. to whey, NAC caps even. primrose and CO Ql0., he said he was not familiar wtih this alt.

later i asked him in a fax and he said NOT to take NAC caps but did not say why?

Any imput on this?? Thank you for your help Paul Mark in KY
  2. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

I need some input from some of you please? AS i've posted i'm trying and have tried for some time only to get sicker and not be able to follow it due to severe food cravings and i think the TH2/TH1 thing that makes food sensitivties wore, to follow the 4 day rotation diet.

I'm trying to juggle 2 different medical food supplments one is rice based, Ulra Clear Plus and the other is one this natuprath nutritionist i've been workign over e mail and ph. some like ONe Step from fermented soy, he uses it a lot in cancer patients, i'm no doubt suffering nutritionally as many of us due to various factors, bedridden time, shot gut ecology etc., i fight hte binging constantly, i'm 35 lb.s underwht.

So here is hte POINT i 've asked the companies of these products and even Dr. Cheney my doc, is this like EATING the food?? THey say no. But hey they still have rice and soy and rice was ok on my test and soy was a mild intolerance but theoretically one is supposed to eat these foods ONCE in 4 DAYS as many of you know,

does anyone have an opinioin on this? THe companies of course sell the products, but they say the way they are processed it is not the same as EATing the food.

I guess the same would go for the Immunpro immonocal etc.
    I try to take them, but with my gut problems, have had trouble tolerating in last yr.

SO i asked cheney on 6/l7 about the post someone posted about pro. hubbards alt. to whey, NAC caps even. primrose and CO Ql0., he said he was not familiar wtih this alt.

later i asked him in a fax and he said NOT to take NAC caps but did not say why?

Any imput on this?? Thank you for your help Paul Mark in KY
  3. selma

selma New Member

I was also told to use Ultra clear plus to cleanse the system. I didn't take it more then 3 days so don't know how it works. But Dr that told me to use it also has fm/cfids.

Don't know @ rest. Jaimy said if I remember right that she takes evening prim. oil. I've taken coq10 for energy.
    the best thing nadh 10mgs after 2-3mos..

hope you feel at least a little better soon!

love, selma
  4. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

selma: thanks for reply i have several ?? are you on rotation diet??? do ou take immunocal or one of those cheney is big on that but my gut ecology is so shot and in bed so much i can't do everythign i'm supposed to

do you ever feel like that , may i ask who our dr. is?

feel free if you are comfortable to e mail, i'm harmless

paul M.
    paulstory@iolky.com
  5. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Hi there - I have problems with fermented foods and always get sick if I drink wine (darn) or eat aged cheese or beer, etc. I do have allergies to mold so that may be why, but you might look into candida and yeast issues. Hope you find some relief soon...BonBons
  6. herblady

herblady New Member

i don't see any question here. these are all food products, so you are eating, although in a different way that eating a meal. and that's a good thing. hippocrates said, "let your food be your medicine." cindi