Medical Magnets

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As some of y'all know, my back's been bothering me from standing at work. I've tried a back brace, heat patches, and my own homemade pain patch.

Well, today, I remembered my Mom had some medical magnets so I placed a strip on my lower back and voila! No pain!

I hope this keeps up as it would be sooooo nice not to have the pain and the work and expense of trying to figure out how to fix it.

Love, Mikie
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

How is that stuff supposed to work? I'm going to go google it now.

Thanks for posting.
  3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

You can get a DrLeonards catolog but they don't carry the magnets online. They actually have a back brace type thing for this.

I have their insoles and they work for the entire body.

You can be so stiff you cannot move, put on your shoes and in seconds you can bend, twist or whatever.
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I have tried the magnetic bracelets and I am not sure they did much of anything. So, I hope tht yours for your back continues. Maybe didn;t have enough or it wasn't strong enough. Who knows !!

Let us know if it keeps onn working . I could use one for my back and one for my neck and one around my whole body (or whole bunch)!! I think I need to many magnets.

Seriously I do hope it continues or you.

Hugs. Granni
  5. cct

cct Member

Happy to hear that the magnets are helping.

I have three little magnetic disks that I purchased from a massage therapist. They help, but they are inconvienient because I have to use medical tape to adhere them to my body.

By the time I figure out where to place the magnets, get the tape and scissors, cut the tape, put the tape on the magnetic disk, and adhere it to my body, I am exhausted!

I did try a magnetic bracelet, but it really jangled my energy in a very bad way. I had to return the expensive bracelet.

Recently, I have been wondering about trying magnetic therapy again. I just have not been able to figure out who provides a good product and which type of product I need.

If anyone has more experience with various types of magnet products (bracelets, necklaces, braces, etc, please tell me your story.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For all you input and interest. These magnets belonged to my Mom and I used them on my knee after the arthroscopy. Of course, they didn't take away all the post-surgical pain. I don't even know how much pain they helped to ease. For the back, though, it's pretty clear that they are working well.

I have not heard of anyone who has been helped with the bracelets. I have heard good things about the mattresses and the shoe insoles. Of course, nothing works the same for everyone.

I don't know where Mom got these but she's been gone six years now, so they have been around a while. These are called, MagnaPaks. They are fabric strips with three magnets sewn in between the fabric in a sleeve about six inches long. The fabric against the skin is soft. There is velcro on the other side and you can link as many as you want or configure them for a specific part of the body. I think there are five sleeves.

The velcro will adhere to clothing and hold the sleeve in place. Mine is stuck to my underwear just below the waistband. I've also heard good things from people who use tape to tape individual magnets to their skin. One bagger at our store tapes one behind his knee and is fine. If he doesn't wear it, his knee hurts like the Dickens.

I don't know how they work. Some say they attract the iron in the blood to increase circulation. Others claim they work with the energy meridians in our bodies. I have no idea how they work but there is more relief from the magnets than from oral medication, my brace, and the homemade pain patch concoction. The homemade patch comes close, though. Still, it's drugs being absorbed through the skin. I definitely think the magnets are better. I work tomorrow and will wear the magnets and not the brace. I'll let all y'all know how it goes.

Janet, good talking to you today.

I hope everyone has a peaceful and painfree evening and a good night's sleep.

Love, Mikie

BILLCAMO New Member

I'd forgotten about that.....duh.....LOL.

I don't have any medical magnets but I do have a couple I saved from blown speakers. I'm thinking about trying them.

If you have read the Spinal Stenosis thread here you'd know why....

I'm going to refer the people on that post to this one.

Blessings ,

8. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Back braces, wrist braces and ankle braces and more. They are resonably priced and that way you don't have to tape them on.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I worked four hours today without the horrible lower back pain I used to come home with. I sure hope these magnets continue to work.

Love, Mikie

CATHYRG New Member

didn't avon have magnets inside a velcro type thing that went around the rib cage and upper arms, maybe not but something similiar. cg
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

All kinds of the these magnets you can buy. I just happened to remember that I had Mom's around here somewhere.

Love, Mikie
  12. PaulBe

PaulBe New Member

Getting a specific type of copper/magnetic bracelet shipped to
    Mexico here would be expensive, so I just bought a 4 dollar one.
    I don't know that there is anything special or powerful about the
    bracelet. It is just a bunch of magnets held together by a plastic

I felt my brain tingle as soon as I first touched the magnets yesterday ! My
    CFS symptoms are much less of a problem now. I only hope this works
    for a long time !