MEDICAL MARIJUANA FOR FIBRO ARTHRITIS CHRONIC PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nyer566, May 30, 2010.

1. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

HAS ANYONE USED MEDICAL MARIJUANA FOR FIBRO OR CHRONIC PAIN? I'M JUST WONDERING IF IT WORKS, I READ ON SOME BOARDS THAT IT WORKS BETTER THAN MOST MEDS.
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

It is "legal" where I live. We have dispensaries popping up left and right.
    There are a lot of people that use it here for chronic pain, lots of articles in our paper, lots of personal experiences written in our paper. Many people seem to find it very effective for pain. I have a friend who has MS and Fibro who uses it (I just found out) She had previously gone the whole pain med route.

I can't give you personal experience, but I was surprised at the number of people who do use it that I didn't know did.
    The more I've asked around about it etc. the more I've learned - let me put it that way.
  3. bct

bct Well-Known Member

It helps me with idiopathic peripheral neuropathy pain. It alleviates my anxiety a bit, and frequently provides a short boost of energy --- very short, but with my CFS I will grasp at any organic natural straws I can!

Regards,
    Barry.
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've been a medical M.J.. (our mother plant) for many years. I studied which species were best for which symptom. e.g. fatigue/depression/pain/anxiety

I use so little, so for me it's a short term fix, but at least it's au natural.

And the "stupid" people out there are still arresting people from using it, and the drug companies (chemicals) continue to push more & more down people's throats.

Yeah, that's what we need, more CHEMICALS; destroy the natural methods. Grrrrrrrrrrr
    We truly are an uneducated society run by moneymakers.
  5. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

I FOUND MUCH RELIEF FROM POT, I WISH NY WOULD LEGALIZE IT. ONLY TWO PUFFS OFF OF A BOWL AND I WAS ALMOST PAIN FREE FOR A FEW HOURS. I FOUND THAT MY DEPENDENCE ON PERCS WHICH ISNT REALLY THAT MUCH I WAS TAKING NO MORE THAN 40 MGS A DAY FOR JUST UNDER A YEAR WAS MOSTLY IN MY HEAD, AND THEY DID STOP WORKING. RITE NOW IM DOWN TO TAKING 5 MGS IN THE AM AND 5 AT NITE AND CUTTING FROM THERE, SO FAR NO REAL WITHDRAWL. NEVER THREW UP OR GOT SICK IN ANY WAY. IM CUTTING 1/4 PILL EVERY 4 OR 5 DAYS, NEXT WEEK I WILL TAKE 1/4 IN THE AM AND HALF IN THE AFTERNOON, YESTERDAY JUST AS A TEST TO SEE IF ITS PSYCHOLOGICAL I TOOK HALF OF A TEN ABOUT 6 AM, THEN ANOTHER HALF ABOUT 1 PM THEN NOTHING UNTIL 5 AM , SO I THINK I COULD JUST DUMP THEM ONCE MY DR GIVES ME SOMETHING THAT IS NOT ADDICTIVE FOR PAIN. IF HE CAN FIND ONE BECAUSE IM ALLERGIC TO SO MUCH STUFF. MY SISTER IN LAW SWEARS BY BIO FLEX FOR HER JOINT PAIN, I MAY GIVE THAT A TRY. IM SICK OF THESE DRS PUSHING NARCS ON US THEN STOPPING THEM ON A MONTHS NOTICE. TO ME THAT'S ABUSIVE. I NEVER DID TAKE A LOT OF PERC BECAUSE. I HAVE A VERY LOW TOLERANCE TO DRUGS. SEEMS MY SYSTEM CANT HANDLE MUCH. AND I WENT TO COURT ON THE 19TH OF MAY AND WON MY DISABILITY CASE AFTER 2 YEARS. ANY THOUGHTS ON WEATHER I SHOULD JUST DITCH TAKING HALF IN THE AM AND HALF AT NITE OR WILL THERE BE WITHDRAWL? I AM DOING IT SLOWLY , AND I DON'T KNOW IF I REALLY WANT PAIN SHOTS I HAVE HEARD SO MUCH BAD THINGS ABOUT GETTING CORTISTEROID SHOTS. PLUS I HATE SHOTS AND NO ONE IS STICKING A NEEDLE IN MY BACK. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FAMILY THAT ACTED STUPID TO THAT PERSON SMOKING POT FOR PAIN THAT'S NOT GOOD, PEOPLE WHO DON'T SUFFER FROM CHRONIC PAIN HAVE NO IDEA.
  6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I was told that you can also use in in foods so that you don't need to smoke it. Sounds like it is healthier that all the narcotics.

Deb
  7. achinscribe

achinscribe New Member

I've never used medical marijuana for the simple reason that I can't get it where I am. But plain old weed...Yes. It works. Often it's the only thing that helps me sleep. And it's cheaper than Lunesta or Ambien, etc. Also has very positive impact on pain. Better than Tramadol. The downside? It's illegal. And I'm of the age where I no longer know anyone who sells. No more college grapevine, if you know what I mean. So when I visit friends who live in more enlightened places and I have the $$, I try to stock up. And now that my insurance co. is throwing ever more roadblocks in my way to fill Rxs, I may decide to go completely "natural". It cannot be any worse for me than constantly arm wrestling with my insurance co. (and losing most of the time) or going without sleep and pain relief. If you have a safe and regular supplier, I say go for it.
  8. kat211

kat211 New Member

I prefer an indica strain because it helps me rest and is not at 'upping' as a strain with a high % of sativa. I do not use it very often b/c I have a young son at home, and with summer break upon us, I won't be able to use very much at all. Yes, I do have a medical card and I was very disappointed at how easy it was to get it.

Smoking it wastes a great deal of it. If you use a vaporizer you can still use the left overs for cooking because it still contains fat soluable thc. A vaporizer also does not create smoke and some say it is healthier.

9. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I could very well be wrong:) I frequently am...lol. If I understood her correctly she said it could be used in brownies and she cook make a butter out of it.

I really haven't sent much time on this subject as I am doing ok on my meds now....but in the future who knows.

Deb
  10. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

I remember in high school we used to smoke a ton of weed. Hash and Hash Oil. I have not seen hash in decades and would not know where to get it. I just remember hash being more of a body high and i liked it best.I would not know where to get hash now, I have not heard of anyone smoking it in years. It must be very hard to get. And i don't know much about the strains of pot but i do remember getting a blue or green Hawaiian in the late 70's and that was awesome weed, a couple hits and i was toast for hours. Numb as ever. The weed nowdays people have doesn't seem to be so good. But if NY ever makes medical Marijuana legal i will most certainly grow my own bud. I know people who send away for seeds like to Amsterdam or somewhere. The weed we get i take 2 hits and i am high and almost pain free for a few hours. But i have not smoked weed in decades. But I do find it to be almost as good as percocet if not better because its not addicting. But i dont dare drive under the influence because i get really stoned off a couple hits off the pipe.
  11. asweeney

asweeney New Member

GreenPassion.org They offer much mwedical,legal etc. advise.Granny's list has all research on med issues. It's worth a trip over there.