Medical questions??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kathleen12, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Can you post mediacl questions on this board? The reason I ask is because I get very few answers on the CFS board....either because it moves so fast or that because I'm basically an unknown there. I also know that some questions may not be of interst to many members there. I do not take it personally, but sometimes a question kind of needs an asnwer....even if it's an "I don't know, but it's a good question".

2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I don't know, but it's a good question! LOL!!!

You can always try or you can post on the FM/CFIDS board and bump it up a few times yourself for more replies.

That's why we're trying so hard to get people over there to post their "off topic" posts here.

People like you don't get many replies to serious medical questions.

3. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Thank you for the reply....At least I know it was read...LOL.

I have a few questions of which I did bump several times and finally got one response and was quite suprised that this guy went out of his way to get an aswer for me. There are a couple of other questions I posted which got alot of responses and was glad of that. But I hate feeling like a pest by bumping my posts...know what I mean??

I really don't want to post med questions here because this is the place where we go to "forget" about our illnesses for a while. So what's a person to do?? Just keep doing the "bump" I guess...LOL.
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Yes, go ahead and bump your threads at least 3 times to see if you get more replies.

That board has changed a lot in the last year. Many of us 'regulars' quit posting much on that side because we had a few 'know it all' newcomers who were very rude and didn't want to hear anyone's opinions other than their own.

It filled the board with tension and many have left because of this. There was an extreme 'to do' because Pro Health let these posters slam people but banned others who were always helpful and full of information.

Posts are not supposed to be argumentative, yet these people got away with it, repeatedly.

So, the regulars who would normally have helpful, comforting and supportive replies no longer post much there and people like you who are new and need help aren't receiving the help they need.

I'm so sorry this has happened...

Btw, did you check your post on the depression board?

5. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I went ahead and posted on the CFS board my question. So we'll see....

And yes, I did see your reply to my post on the depression board but did not answer because I'd just kind of like that thread to quietly fade away. I did not want to bring it back to the top. I almost deleted it but changed my mind just in case there is someone out there whom it can help. I am sorry your daughter went through a similar situation and I know how terryfiying that must have been for you. I do hope that she is over it now.

Thanks for your're such a doll!
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm glad you saw the other post. I only talk about that stuff to a few people here.

She's not out of the woods yet, she's been through a horrible med change and now, a husband who has no patience with her illness. Not good for her.

Stay well,