Medical records sent to employeer and the ADA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Aug 1, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I wrote a letter along with a letter from my doc to my employer asking for reduced work hours using the ADA. My boss said not a problem but then I get a letter from the school district stating they want to see my medical records. My doctors office said "no"! They are very hesitant to give my employeer my records. Is this something I must do using the ADA? just thought I would check to see if others have used ADA and had to hand over medical files.
    Judy
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

I do not know if this will help,it's what I know. If your dr has now or ever stated he/she felt you WERE able to full time work:FILSIDE: has now or ever ststed he/she felt you WERE not capable to duties at all. This situation h inders many working w/ADA.provide accomodation/yes-providing abilty to continue said job function w/o compromise.It is a very large protection for employers if you *can not* work per job discription.Many insurance for emplyee/workmans comp rise w/demograph of CO.EX. school distirct will or may collect on your accomadation incurred *cost*,from Gov. NOW that flags Ins to school district as higher risk.Sorry,but if this is your records status ,this is your situation--very fine line.I wish you the best,I hope what I have expressed IS NOT your situation.Blessings & Peace,lisa :)
    Sorry for spelling,bit o pain & lots o shkin :([This Message was Edited on 08/01/2003]
  3. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I no you are in pain and i appreciate you taking the time to answer. So it sounds like since I work for a school district they can collect the money from the government that it costs to allow me to work part time.
    Hmmmm....I hope this is not going to be a pain. I just want to work but not full-time.
    any other help is appreciated.
    Judy
  4. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Hello, I will look for info over weekend/as soon as I find it i'll post on chit chat 4u.The school district maybe weighing apples to oranges,to see how much you'll cost vs. benefit if you continue working p/t they will have higher insurance due to risk you impose.I do not want to bum you out,however,due to meds you may take---thay may see your position as a hazard while medicated.My career always afforded myself a company car,the owner of company eventually rented a car from rental place to keep me equal to other workers and off of his auto/ins.Just a few ways to look at your situation,i feel bad-like I have anything to do w/policy.......i'm sorry,i hope you can get more positive results....post when find my *case*. Prayers & Peace ,lisa :)