Medicare and massage

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldlmullins, Nov 9, 2005.

1. ldlmullins

ldlmullins New Member

I am new to this chat room. Can anyone tell me if medicare will cover massage therapy? Thanks,
    Linda
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Welcome, Linda, to our board/support group! Glad you found us!

I'm on Medicare, too, and I would also like to know the answer!! If Medicare would cover any type of medical massage, I'll be on the phone immediately making an appointment!!

My chiropractor had a sign up about a Massage Therapist joining his office. I asked him if Medicare would pay for me to see her and he said no. But, you never know, he could be wrong!

Hugs,
    Janet
  3. hubby

hubby New Member

No it will not cover it. I went to chiro for cold lazer, which helps greatly, had them before), along with adjustments and what they called a traction table.

Would you believe that it was all covered medically but once on medicaire though had medical policy too, they would only cover cost of adjustments. The adjustments were great, but I went for the cold lazer because I have had such great success with it, in different parts of my body.

I also try to keep regular massages, and they are not covered even by regular insurance mostly. It is crazy as it would help you stay better, and less Dr visits and medication. Sorry to tell you,

have a good one Hubby