medicare covered doc?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeramy, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Jeramy

Jeramy New Member

If I need to see a doctor who doesn't take insurance or medicare, can I submit to medicare for reimbursement just like other insurance plans?
  2. lea

lea Member

allows you to submit a 1490s claim form.
    To the best of my knowledge, however, if the doc has opted out, then you cannot file. If the doc has opted out, I believe he will have you sign a form that you will not submit!

Off course, you can call 800-medicare with more questions.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is find out up front before seeing a doc how he or she deals with Medicare. Some will accept what Medicare pays and some will charge 115 percent of what Medicare allows for each charge.

Love, Mikie
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Some doctors just won't take Medicare period, and if say they don't take Medicare, then you cannot submit your claim for reimbursement to Medicare.

I believe if a doctor takes Medicare, then they are obliged to submit the claim themselves. I don't think we ever submit claims to Medicare ourselves.

There are 2 distinctions between doctors who do take Medicare, as Mikie indicated I think (I can't see her post right now), and you will pay one of them a bit more (though not a lot), though both doctors will do the billing.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In God's waiting room (SW FL), almost all docs accept Medicare but if the govt. makes more cuts to reimbursements, I think more and more will opt out of it.

Love, Mikie