Medicare Part D (Drug Plan)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Apr 20, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I just wanted to let everyone know who is on Medicare and is having a difficult time choosing plans:

It is possible to call the carriers of the plan and request their books on drug stores they deal with in your area and also what meds are covered. This way you know in advance.
    It is what I did and I am saving a bundle after choosing.

My bill has reduced drastically and I just wanted to pass the news along about requesting the books.

nyrofan
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

You can go to the SSA website and there is a section for Medicare part D. After you choose a state there is an option on there which allows you to put in all of the medications you are taking and then it will check all of the plans and give you the best ones based on the medications you take. It will break them down also by monthly cost for the plan and medication co-payment.

By using this feature on the SSA website I was able to choose a plan that covers all of my medications (except Xanex which isn't covered on any of the Medicare plans since the SSA decided they wouldn't cover any of the Benzodiazepines). So I am paying $10 a month and then a maximum co-pay of $20 on meds but so far they've all been free (except the Xanex).

The feature on the website is quick and easy, took me about 10 minutes to pick a plan that was perfect for me!!

Sincerely
    JL