Medicare Part D

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Mar 31, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Is anyone else enrolled in Medicare Part D (the medicine plan). I have saved some money through participation in it and was wondering if anyone else has had a good experience with it. Or a bad one.

NyroFan
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hi ggigg:
    I am doing pretty well today. How are you?

I did not go through an HMO. I have straight Medicare A&B and now D and pay the balance myself. I joined the Blue Cross/Blue Sheild plan and pay $5 for name brands and $2 for generic. Bad thing: they have us capped at a certain dollar amount and then it stops. It should not take long for me to max it out.

Nice hearing from you...

NyroFan
  3. neeter1

neeter1 New Member

I purchased a medigap policy through Banker's Life for 143.00 a month. The only drawback to Medicare D is that I was on previcid for very bad acid reflux..Medicare took me off of it and suggest Prilosec OTC..not working as well as Previcid. My doc appealed and they still denied it.

Neeter1
  4. spmary

spmary New Member

Ask if you can take Nexium. I take that in the morning and Prilosec at night. I had an ulcer(stomach) and pre-cancerous cells in esophagus. Don't think I spelled that right. Anyway, I'm ree of the ulcer and will see about the other later in April. Feel fine, no pain, no refulx.Good luck, Mary

[ advertisement ]