MEDICARE Rx Plan Change Deadline is 12/31/06!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mezombie, Dec 4, 2006.

1. mezombie

mezombie Member

Just wanted to remind those of you who participate in the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans that the deadline to switch plans is December 31.

This is the time to check your plan to see if the premium will be going up, certain drugs will no longer be covered, and for other changes that might surprise you.

If you want to change plans, it's recommended that you do so by December 8th, to make sure there is a smooth transition from your previous plan to your new one.

To check your plan, make changes, etc. go to www.medicare.gov.

If you want to check what plans cover your prescriptions, make a list of everything you take, or think you may take over the next year.

On the Medicare website, you can type in the names of all your medications. This allows the program to match them with plans that cover them.

Hope this helps someone!

[This Message was Edited on 12/14/2006]
  2. leubie

leubie New Member

thank-you so much for this info---------it came at a perfect time-----------my pareents are having a very hard time financially --------------they can barely afford their rx or that silly "member fee" they have to pay---------so yes this has helped us very much----------thanks for taking the time to share-----take care-----------love to all-----------laura
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

This is important!

Medicare has done very little outreach on this subject, nor have the drug plans. That's because they're hoping you'll just do nothing. Beware, doing nothing may mean you'll stay in the same plan, but you could end up paying higher premiums and co-pays, and some of the medications you take may no longer be covered!

Also, if you didn't have to pay your drug plan's premium this year because of low income, please see Suzetal's post on Medicare. You will need to fill out an application to continue to receive this subsidy.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2006]
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

I just tried to figure out what plans in my area would cover one particular drug. Two hours later, I still don't have all the information I need to find the best plan for me.

The moral is: Do this NOW!
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member