Medication for fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wdanthan, Jul 9, 2003.

1. wdanthan

wdanthan New Member

Does Tramadol (ultram) work for fibromyalgia and is it safe to use regularly, say 50mg once or twice a day to get rid of pain. Thanks.
  2. suz41

suz41 New Member

Tramadol is linked to the opioid family and is used for moderate to serious pain. I checked my refernce book and that dosage does seem appropriate however remember everyone reacts to medications differently. There are side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness and it does lower the seizure threshold. Therefore make sure you have talked with your prescribing physician prior to taking it. Also you should not use any other benzos, sleepaids, alcohol or antidepressants with it. This medication can create dependency so go slow. I hope this was hlpful. If you need more info do a search in the library on this site . Take Care LOL.

Suz
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi welcome to the board. I think Suz's answered your question to the fullest.

So just stopped to welcome you.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Dolphin82

Dolphin82 New Member

Hi it is Dolphin here, my doctor put me on tramadol last thursday, as codine wasnt working,it has helped but first time i took 2 at night as my foot pain was serve only thing was i couldnt get up next morning to take my 7 year old to school as it knocked me out so havnt taken as many as doc said i could 8 in 24 hrs if need be.But will have to go and get another one as my foot is killing again,but can also make u sleepy too. Iam on 50mgs too so hope it carrys on working.I have fibro too so u should be fine on it as iam.
    Hope it helps u let me no wont you?

from
    Dolphin
  5. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

Hi and welcome. I take two 50mg tablets three times a day. My rheumatologist said I could take up to a total of eight tablets a day. It works so-so. I also have a bad neck and back and have pain every day. I'd hate to see what it would be like if I didn't take the medication.

[ advertisement ]