Medication for SWEATING!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lexied, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Lexied

Lexied New Member

I know I've been zoned in on this topic for a while but I am just determined to find something to alleviate some of this SWEATING!! I was searching on the web to see if I might stumble upon a miraculous cure and I actually DID find two prescrition medications that claims to reduce sweating. The names of the meds are: ROBINUL and DRYSOL! I don't know if they are designed to help with sweating caused by FM but I plan to find out. Have any of you heard of either of them? If you're interested you can just type in the meds on your search engine and several sites will come up. It may be a long shot but I don't think I'm the only one willing to try ANYTHING at this point!!

Hope this Helps Us!!

Hugs - Lex
  2. shazz

shazz New Member

I think it is for hot flashes though rather than just excessive sweating. I have horrible "flashes" even though I am on a pretty good dose of estrogen. And they last a long time, not just an occasional burst of heat.
    I will be watching though, because I am very tired of it.
  3. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

I asked my doc about it and he said it was my meds...but it doesn't matter if i'm on meds or not, I sweat through my clothing 2 or 3 times a day at work, not to mention waking in the middle of the night soaking wet!!! I feel like a class-A red neck or worse! I HATE the sweating. My face gets red, and the water rolls off me like a river! People are always asking if I'm O.K., they think I'm having a heat stroke, heart attack or worse! I sweat so much my potassium levels stays low and I have to take suppliments. The Doc asked if I'd been taking water pills ((HA!)

My friend who has AIDES suffers from sweats too...they say that it is a symptom of his disease...as I've said before, it's odd how many of her symptoms go hand in hand with cfs/fms. It makes me wonder about this DD.

If you find something that will help, please, please PLEASE post it!

Thanks, and God Bless

Sumbuni

[ advertisement ]