Medication help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dbkester, Aug 11, 2003.

1. dbkester

dbkester New Member

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after many long years of going from doctor to doctor. My problem is I need help with the meds. I need. I'm on SSD and do not have the money to pay for all the scripts I need. Can anyone point in the direction of help?

Thanks, David
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I'm sure fmqueen will help you more than I can, and even suggest this. Most drug companies have programs for "indigent patients". (Unfortunately, not all meds are covered.) You can go to the web site for each manufacturer and find the info, print out the form. Your doctor fills it out and then they send the meds to him for you!

For meds that aren't covered, maybe your doctor could get you samples. When I was taking Effexor the psych got a huge bottle from the rep for me every several months, rather than the doc giving me a jillion boxes of individual samples.

I had mostly been going to say that after you get an email from her, you might want to delete your email address from the post to you don't get a bunch of spam. (Automated programs search the web for email addresses.)

Good luck!