Medication interaction site??????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joyfully, Aug 30, 2007.

1. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Hi. does anyone know of a reliable web site that you can type in the name of two medications and see if there is a drug interaction?

Or---even better----if I could type in ALL my medications and the site analyzes them all at once.
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Thank you both for taking the time to respond. I am taking so many medications right now that I'm just overwhelmed trying to get some kind of a schedule to minimize interactions.

I'm attempting to do some of the initial "leg work" about drug interactions before I go to the new endocrinologist on the 11th. It is a nightmare of new medications since the thyroid cancer surgery. I already take so many meds with the rheumatoid arthritis----then all these additional meds were added to the daily regimen. GEESH!
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

How are you? Hope all is well.

Wanted to let you know my email has been down for about three days and isn't fixed yet. It's a "yahoo server" problem. I have 9000 (you read it right---nine THOUSAND) emails in my inbox, and they're all from a few years ago, and all were previously deleted emails (and many are duplicates). I'm not getting new emails either. It's VERY ODD!

It's been escalated to a 3rd level tech person, which means someone from Yahoo has to call me back to help fix it. Apparently, this doesn't happen very often.

How are you doing? Pharmacists are usually very good at knowing about drug interactions. I've had good luck with them.

Feel good my friend.

5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I knew you were having issues with your email.

I had thought about using the Walgreens near my home, but then I wondered when would the pharmacist ever have time to actually help me. Most of the time just getting your RX filled there requires at least an hour wait.

Did you get rain this evening? Hubby just got back to house with dog when the rain came pouring down. Hope your digestive problems are subsiding.

So far I've found out that I shouldn't be taking Synthroid and depoestradiol. OMG, what am I going to do???? I wish the info. online gave more details. I want to know if that means at the same time, or is the warning that one med can't be in my body and then I take the other med.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2007]