MEDICATIONS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kittycamcj, Jul 29, 2010.

1. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

HAS ANYONE TAKEN VICODIN INSTEAD OF PERCOCET? I'M NOT SURE WHAT WORKS BEST FOR ME. IF I TAKE THE VICODIN I TAKE 750MG TWICE A DAY. IF I TAKE THE PERCOCET I TAKE 2 325MG A DAY AND IT SEEMS TO HELP MORE. I DON'T TAKE THEM BOTH ON THE SAME DAY.
    I NEED SOMETHING FOR THE PAIN, AND I CAN'T TAKE ALOT OF THE LYRICA.
    THANKS,
    CAROL
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I think for many people, one "works" a little better than the other. Percocet is a little stronger than Vicodin. Interesting though that you are taking half the amount of Percocet and it helps more - or you're not sure??

I've even read a lot about people preferring one brand (manufacturer) over another. So again, it's not unusual to have one work better than another.
  3. Barry580

Barry580 New Member

Hi this is Sheila/Sparky. I take ultram for my FM pain but I force myself to be active and it is a terrible struggle every day as you know. My doctor is great and will order percocet but I take quite a few meds and I try to stay w/ the ultram which is also know as tramadol 50 mg. non narcatic I walk and swim. I suffer from FM, IBS, anxiety and IC interstitial cystitis of the bladder which is hemmorages in the bladder causing pain. Does your FM affect your concentration and thnking especailly toward the end of the day -- mine does. I can't tak Lyrica. Hope to hear from you Good Luck
  4. Barry580

Barry580 New Member

Hi this is Sheila/Sparky. I take ultram for my FM pain but I force myself to be active and it is a terrible struggle every day as you know. My doctor is great and will order percocet but I take quite a few meds and I try to stay w/ the ultram which is also know as tramadol 50 mg. non narcatic I walk and swim. I suffer from FM, IBS, anxiety and IC interstitial cystitis of the bladder which is hemmorages in the bladder causing pain. Does your FM affect your concentration and thnking especailly toward the end of the day -- mine does. I can't tak Lyrica. [This Message was Edited on 08/02/2010]
  5. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

I have chronic lower back pain (arthitic facet joints) and wake up every morning walking around like a half open pocket knife. Tramal is the best med to help with back pain, after an hour i can stand up straight and can be somewhat active. I use 200mg slow release which last about 12 hours. if not in a cfs crash i usually try to exercise(weight lifting) abit which really does help my back and keeps it strong, without tramal this would be out of the question. It is in the back of my mind about what this is doing to me taking tramal all the time. occassionally upto 3 times a year i can get a facet joint injection with cortisone and these help alot, the last one gave me 8 weks relief where i only use tramal a couple of times a week. Ive already had the injections twice this year so will wait till towards the end of the year before i have another one. there is a procedure i can have done but its to expensive at this stage and have to look into it more as have read where it hasnt helped some people for very long, maybe 12 months relief. I find tramal does help with general cfs aches and pains as well and is abit of a mood brightener too.!!!
    Cheers!!!
  6. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

instead of lyrica have u tried neurontin, they are closely related but i have found them different as in they dont make u groogy like lyrica but i found that good for sleep, actually found no side effects from neurontin at 600mg, i changed after lyrica pooped out on me and i was using it for nocturnal leg pain(some type of neuralgia) with good effect.

cheers!!!