medicine to get off of opiates with no withdraw symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jkluver, Jan 24, 2007.

  1. jkluver

    jkluver New Member

    Does anyone know the name of the medicine that you can take that will help you get off of narcotics and opiates.It is something to the effect of sublex or similar to that name.I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow and in the near future I'm going to try and get off those particular medicines soon.
    This is a wonderful place to come,the people here are awesome and so helpful
  2. Susan07

    Susan07 New Member

    I did a little searching but haven't found what you are looking for yet.

    This will at least bump your message back to the top.

    Take care,
  3. ourplanet

    ourplanet New Member

    Subutex is the brand name and suboxone is the generic.
    HUGS, ourplanet
  4. Lichu3

    Lichu3 New Member

    I don't know the medicine you are referring to but some possible methods I have heard of:

    a. Tapering the dose you are on slowly off
    b. Getting an anesthesiologist or pain specialist involved - I think they have some specialized methods or knowledge of specific meds

    Either of these should involved your current MD.