Medicines for FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by frrdtravelagent, Apr 24, 2003.

1. frrdtravelagent

frrdtravelagent New Member

I've asked for help with finding a new doctor so here's what I've got to offer on what may help...it has with me. I am on a combination of the following medicines that have been built up over the last 11 months since being diagnosed. I was already on medicines for high BP (Accupril), allergies (Zephrex LA), gastritis (Prilosec), nerves (Buspar), and added to that by my Rheum. is Zanaflex for muscle spasms and to help me sleep, Ultracet for pain, Remeron for depression and to help me sleep, and last but certainly not least for it is really helping with my hurting skin on my arms and legs and the hurting in my nerves as well as helping me sleep better is Neurontin (started with 100mg per nt. for 1 wk., then 200mg per nt. for 1 wk., then 300 per nt. for 1 wk., and then I saw the doctor again...he said we were making progress so he wanted me to start taking 600mg per nt. and he'll see me in 3 mos).
    I have to ask...why are they just now putting me on Neurontin? All of the things they've added in have helped but the Neurontin is by far the best thing yet! Now that I'm on it I've already met 2 or 3 people who are on it and one of them has so much pain with disc and nerve problems that he's building up to 900mg. 3 times per day and will eventually add in a 4th for a total of 3600mg. I hope something here will help someone!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. Glad you have a doctor that is willing to try different meds for you. Its nice to hear you found something that is helping.

All of us are so different, what works for one of us might not work for the other.

Thanks for the information, I am sure someone will be able to relate to what you are doing and the results you are getting.

Again, welcome to the board!

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]