Meds for Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nikki, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Nikki

Nikki Member

what is the best otc med that works for you.

i have FMS, MP, and osteoarthritis.

trying to cut down on my hydrocodone, don't think it's working anyway . . . i'm in my worst flare ever with all 3 right now. my rx anti inflamatory isn't working either. neither is my brain.

thanks for any info you can provide.
  2. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

Try some hot Epsom Salt Baths. I also take Malic Acid and Magnesium and it has helped my pain immensely. I started with a low dose of the Magnesium and worked myself up to about 750 mg per day. You need to go slow or you will be running to the bathroom often (if you know what I mean)!
    I love Dr Teals Eucalyptus Spearmint Epsom Salts; you can get them at Walmart or Walgreens. They also come in Lavender.
    Finally, I get Arnica cream from the health food store and rub it into my sore muscles and top it with a moist heating pad.
    All these remedies work well for me!
    Hope you feel better soon.
  3. Picklington

Picklington New Member

Hello! No pain meds seem to even take the edge off, but a TENS machine really helps me
  4. Nikki

Nikki Member

for all the helpful information. You've given me new things to do and reminded me of some of the things i used to do.

i appreciate alll the responses.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please see the threads on the Guai treatment. It worked for me.

Love, Mikie
  6. onset1990

onset1990 Member

Hi GeminiMoon, did the malic acid ever make you "speedy" to where it wore you out even more? I tried it early on in my CFS and I thought it was making me, I don't know... wired maybe. Any thought? I might try it again. I know my mitochondria are not working normally. How much did you start with?
  7. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

No, it never made me speedy. I took as directed; I think it's 3 daily; equal to 2.5 grams. The kind I take also contains 425 mg of magnesium and I think that made the difference. Magnesium keeps me calm!
  8. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

Have you ever tried Traumeel? It's quite a bit pricier than Arnica so I have not tried it. Have always been curious about it.