Meds helping my CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sweetmia, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

I recently returned from a 8 day business trip that involved 12-15 hr days. In the past I struggled to get through the day--horrible fatigue, dizziness, confusion. I told my husband, most people would not have tolerated what I had to in order to get through the day. I love my job, so I would do anything to keep it. Anyway, I have been on Provigil for 9 months. Recently my doctor started me on Strattera. I had read that many MS patients had high anti-bodies to Epstein Barr virus,(I have high anti-bodies to EBV) so I started taking
    Valtrex and a 100mgs of Doxycycline. (Many of my worst symptoms were similar to MS symptoms). I have had incredible relief of my symtptoms. I had no dizziness, fatigue or confusion while I was on these meds.
    I am just passing along info that may be helpful to others--I am always, as we all are, searching for relief and healing. Amy
  2. Solstice

Solstice New Member

Yes, I too would like to know how one is tested for mycoplasams?Thanks, Solstice
  3. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

I should have acknowledged my appreciation to this board for helping me find relief. It was the entries of Jelly and others concerning the Doxycycline that caught my interest. That is why I feel it is so important for us to post meds and other protocols that we have found helpful in alleviating our symptoms. Everyone keep up the good work! Bravo!
  4. lucky

lucky New Member

I agree with you, this board is the best to get help and support and since I joined it, I have had a lot of input and infos about meds etc. Which again helps in a better treatment for our illnesses.
    Take care, Lucky