Meds verses natural supplements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LauraLea, Jan 22, 2003.

1. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I hear so many people talk about natural supplements. It's mind boggling to understand what to take.

My delima is that I am on Effexor 150mg daily, and I have been on it for about 3 1/2 years. I really would like to get off of them, but I know for one thing you have to be weened off. The side effects were awfull when I first went on them.

My other delima is that I am covered by insurance for the meds, but if I turn to using supplements, insurance will not cover and I can't afford it.

I hate using meds ever day. In fact I was so nervous because now I have to get my meds by mail order and I waited a little too long and ran out. Fourtunately my meds came the day I ran out otherwise I would have had to pay out of pocket for them.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get insurance co. to pay for supplements?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Laura
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know of no insurance companies which pay for supplements. For me, if a supplement works, it is worth every penny I spend on it. I can give up a lot of little luxuries in order to buy them. Since being sick, I seldom eat out as I prefer making my own healthy food at home. I haven't been to play or movie in more than two years because it's uncomfortable sitting that long. I can't do sports, and I can't drink much, so I am saving a bundle by foregoing all this stuff. I spend my money on supplements instead.

I can't take vegetable based supplements because of the Guai treatment, but I do use other supplements.

Love, Mikie
  3. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

Unfortuately I have given up all activities due to money. I left my high income job to reduce the stress and took a lower paying job that I love, but my bills are still high even though I have consolidated as much as possible.

Needless to say I don't have any extra money for anything. I know it will get better because the company I work for is growing, but I guess for now I just will stay the course until I have the resources to go a different route...

thanks for the input..
    Laura

[ advertisement ]