Meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betsy2, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I just have to express my disgust about the comments people make about ALL my meds. They don't understand that each and every one of my meds have been proven to help me. They even criticize the supplements I take. People close to me even make comments about my "dope" as they call it. My meds not only help with the CFS and Fibro but with other co-existing conditions such as high blood pressure and low thyroid. I know the meds aren't a cure all. I try to take care of myself to the best of my ability by getting exercise at least 3 times a week, eating properly and getting enough rest. Even then, I still have a lot of pain and fatigue. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has this problem with close family and friends.
  2. Grams

Grams New Member

Betsy, it sounds like my suggestion may be too late for you, but maybe you can gradually incorporate it. I use the method of "tell only those who need to know". Other than my doctors and pharmacist, I haven't shared the information with anyone else. I have a list of meds in my purse if my husband should need to use it in an emergency. He may read it any time he wants, but I doubt that he has. I just find it easier that way. :)
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

The only people who know what meds I take are my husband, my mother, my doctors, and y'all. Just don't share with anybody and they won't be able to criticize you. If it works for you, that's all that matters!

Lisa
  4. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

My problem lies in the fact that my significant other doesn't understand. My siblings and father have made a few comments of their own too but it is my mate that is giving me a hard time.