Meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msvider, Mar 11, 2003.

1. msvider

msvider New Member

I have a question to ask.
    What is the best sleep drug that any of you have used?
    I take Ambien every once in awhile and have found that if I take it more then 2 to 3 nights in a row, it doesn't quite work for me. I will wake throughout the night on some nights that I take Ambien. I prefer to take a drug that gives me sound, solid sleep that doesn't leave me with a hangover the next day.
    Any help from you guys is truly appreciated.
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I also find it does not work if you take all the time. the only drug I found that always works is trazadone,but, it leaves you feeling really groggy in the morning. It wears off after about an hour or so. I only take it if I have had several bad nights in a row and desperatly need a good nights sleep.
    Some folks take elavil-i could not it kept me up, but so does antihystimines-I have a paradoxal efffect from some drugs, they do the oposite on me.
    flexeril is a muscle relaxer which helps as well, but again a little hung over feeling in the morning.

I have the same problem, I fall asleep just fine. Just cannot stay asleep for more than 4 hours without waking up on most nights.

some natural things you can try is valerian root or camamile tea.

good luck

cathy
  3. Echos

Echos New Member

Hi. I have been taking 30 Mg. of Temazepam each night for sleep. I sleep like a baby and wake the next morning well rested and not left with the feeling of being off or foggy from it. I was on Ambien, but it didn't work well for me at all. Hope you find what works for you without the hangover.
    SWAK's, Echos
  4. msvider

msvider New Member

Thanks griswoldgirl and echos for your replies to my message.
    I will keep those drugs in mind that you suggested and talk with my doctor about them.

Thanks again,
    Christie
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Have you ever tried Melatonin? You can get this at any store,walmart,rite-aid,Cvs,etc. I take one 3mgs tablet an hr before bed.Its sold with the vitamins and supplements.
    Our body naturally produces melatonin when we get tired,so its a natural approach to sleepless nights! Very resonably priced too~They work for me!! They come in smaller doses also.(I get the 3,I think they have 1mgs also)
    Sleep tight!
    Regards,
    Tracey
  6. cay24dive

cay24dive New Member

I would talk to you doctor about it because there are other things that can get you in a better sleeping pattern, I know that there are non narcotics out there that help better. Ambien is considerd a narcotic, I would really talk to your doctor and see if he can give you anything else.
  7. teawah

teawah New Member

I have never slept better than on ZMA. I am also in less pain and don't wake up drugged. I t has been a miracle for me. They have it here in the store or you can get it at GNC and such. I wish you Sweet Dreams.
    teawah

[ advertisement ]