Meet an Uninformed Dr. yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kredca4, Sep 4, 2002.

1. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I'm trying to find a Knowledgeable Internist that can treat FMS and other comditions. I could stop seeing about 3 other Doctors if I could find one that understands that it FMS is not another word for Depression. sheesseeeee!

I know so many of you have problems with Doctor's, I have also, in the past, I have a Great Orthopedic Doc and also my Rhuemetologist is tops in this area.

But I cannot find a good Internist, that way I could let go of my GYN, and the current Internist I was going to. He wasn't the shaprest knife in the drawwer, but he at least dosen't try to give me antidepressants.

The Doc, gave me some sample's and a Rx with 5 refills, lol, laugh or scream.

Their called Celexa 20mg, I'm off to research this, probably in the same class as Elival or Deseryal, or Pamalor, so I have been done this road before.

I do have Anxiety, but that is not controlled by Antidepressants, tried it and felt like a Zombie, like a Train could run through the house and all I would do is say, "Oh look a Train went by".

The search for a New Doc. continues, oh yeah I did leave her some information on the combo of FMS/MPS, don't know if she will read it, but I also gave her Nurse some papers from Dr. Starlanyl's site about FMS/MPS. I figure we can at least get the nurse's information, they are the ones who are really interested in our Syndromes, and most of the Nurse's of my Good Doc's of course are up to date, as much as anyone canbe that is.

Oh well, at least I didn't get Mad, lol, she's a sweet gal, but I need someone in the know now.

Have a Painfree day everyone,
    kredca4
  2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I'm trying to find a Knowledgeable Internist that can treat FMS and other comditions. I could stop seeing about 3 other Doctors if I could find one that understands that it FMS is not another word for Depression. sheesseeeee!

I know so many of you have problems with Doctor's, I have also, in the past, I have a Great Orthopedic Doc and also my Rhuemetologist is tops in this area.

But I cannot find a good Internist, that way I could let go of my GYN, and the current Internist I was going to. He wasn't the shaprest knife in the drawwer, but he at least dosen't try to give me antidepressants.

The Doc, gave me some sample's and a Rx with 5 refills, lol, laugh or scream.

Their called Celexa 20mg, I'm off to research this, probably in the same class as Elival or Deseryal, or Pamalor, so I have been done this road before.

I do have Anxiety, but that is not controlled by Antidepressants, tried it and felt like a Zombie, like a Train could run through the house and all I would do is say, "Oh look a Train went by".

The search for a New Doc. continues, oh yeah I did leave her some information on the combo of FMS/MPS, don't know if she will read it, but I also gave her Nurse some papers from Dr. Starlanyl's site about FMS/MPS. I figure we can at least get the nurse's information, they are the ones who are really interested in our Syndromes, and most of the Nurse's of my Good Doc's of course are up to date, as much as anyone canbe that is.

Oh well, at least I didn't get Mad, lol, she's a sweet gal, but I need someone in the know now.

Have a Painfree day everyone,
    kredca4
  3. BethM

BethM New Member

which rheumatologist and ortho do you see? We live in the same area, and it would be good to know who the good ones are! I think there's only one rheumy in town, though, isn't there?

Thanks,
    Beth.
  4. thereseuk

thereseuk New Member

I sympathise, I too wish that I could just go to one doctor instead of having to do the rounds. It just seems that the majority of the medical proffession havent a clue about this DD.
    About your anxiety. Have you tried the anticonvulsant meds which have mood stabilising properties. I only ask because I suffered form major anxiety which would last in acute form for weeks. I was seriously ill and none of the antidepressant meds worked infact they made me much worse. High dose valium didnt have any effect either. I think in desperation a proffessor at the teaching hospital I attend suggested lamotrogine which is an anticonvulsant med. I,m not sure how it works but it stopped my anxiety and I only get it very very occasionally now and then it isnt as severe as it was and I can cope wih it just by breathing exercises. I havent had any major side effects either which is something I,m thankful for.
    It might be woth dicussing things with your doctor.
    love therese