Meeting Tonight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Sep 30, 2005.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I am sure grateful for wha you all did to help me through the crisis I had. I did not want to see ungracious by not checking in here each day, but the inside of the house is being painted.

Anyway, that being done. I'm off now to go shopping with my sponsor. It was so sweet of her to do. She said it was better to get out of the house after just being alone with the painters.

We may go to dinner and then to the meeting.

I just wanted you to have an update on my meds and and the self medicating with alcohol and Vicodin for FM.

I'm still anxious as all heck of these meetings.
    I made one phone call this week to somebody, but she seemed busy.

Thank you,
    NyroFan
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Its natural to be anxious, this is all new to you and who wouldnt be anxious when meeting new people. It's good that you are making your phone calls, dont get disheartened.

Well I hope you enjoy your dinner and meeting.

Hope your house is looking good.

love
    Rosie
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi NyroFan,

How wonderful to have fresh paint on the walls!

I'm glad you've found a different sponser and that things are going well there.

It must feel good to get out. I've been stuck in the house for 3 months and it's getting old.

Take care, enjoy your new friends!

Francie
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hi all:
    Things went well with my AA sponsor. We talked about the extent of pain. Cynthis said that I was probably in more than her and she has cancer, which she called 'the silent killer'.

She also read about Fibromyalgia and understands my position.

Today I am in so much pain it is unbelievabe. It's terrible.
    So, I will rest. Maybe one day a week out is enough for me.
    I'll need to rest up. Even the hour or so I spend Friday nights kill me bacause of the chairs. But--I shall continue.

I don't want to fall into an old pattern and the doc did take it seriously and upped my meds so I wouldn't fall into an old pattern.

Yes, keeping you 'in the loop' since you're responsible for having me make that first call (the hardest thing I had to do).
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hi all:
    Things went well with my AA sponsor. We talked about the extent of pain. Cynthis said that I was probably in more than her and she has cancer, which she called 'the silent killer'.

She also read about Fibromyalgia and understands my position.

Today I am in so much pain it is unbelievabe. It's terrible.
    So, I will rest. Maybe one day a week out is enough for me.
    I'll need to rest up. Even the hour or so I spend Friday nights kill me bacause of the chairs. But--I shall continue.

I don't want to fall into an old pattern and the doc did take it seriously and upped my meds so I wouldn't fall into an old pattern.

Yes, keeping you 'in the loop' since you're responsible for having me make that first call (the hardest thing I had to do).
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

hanginithere:
    Thank you. I need also time to spend on this message board.
    You gave so freely, I feel I should give time back.
    Gotcha' on the overdoing it and the paint.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. elsa

elsa New Member

Thanks for posting the update. Please, please don't feel ungracious if you don't check in with us on a daily basis. We cheer you on because we believe in you. We all (including yourself) give unconditionally here. You don't "owe" us for supporting you, sweetie.

You are doing great .... it's tough I'm sure ... sharing private / personal info with a group can be intimidating huh?

One foot in front of the other .... I'm proud of you Nyro!!

Take care,

Elsa
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

elsa:
    I am glad to be here. You all dragged me out of the dark corner I was in. Thank you for the continuous support.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I was gone for a week, and when we got home on Sunday, life was very hectic. I have been on the boards, but I kept wondering where you were. I haven't had time to look back to see what's been going on...guess I'm just going to hit the ground running!

So, I am happy to see your post; it sounds like you are doing well, so I hope that is the case and that it continues. How nice to have a freshly painted house...we did that not too long ago (not me, but my husband and his son), and I so love looking at the fresh new look.

Hope your meeting is good and you feel more comfortable. Your sponser is working out? Sounds good from what you've said, but that is all I have to judge by.

Take care!
    Hugs,
    Sue
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

not to read the whole post before answering!

I'm sorry you are hurting, and I am glad you have a supportive doctor who wants to keep you away from you deadly loop. I do hope you feel better by tonight. Why don't you take a pillow or something to sit on? Would that help or is it the back area? Or all of the above! (-:

Take care, dear.

Hugs, very, very gentle hugs to you again,
    Sue
  11. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I think that your doing great.It takes a lot of courage to seek help and YOU DID IT.((((((((hugs))))))LInda