Melasma but not pregnant or on pill?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kloet4, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Kloet4

Kloet4 New Member

I have the brown spots on cheeks and pregancy mask around my lips. But I am not pregnant and not on the birth contol pill. Does anyone know what else could be causing this. I am thinking something hormonal. I have just had a battery of tests one, no results yet. I am seeing internist doctor now hopefully he will help. Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated.

God Bless.
    Lisa
  2. Notonline

Notonline New Member

Before your post goes to page 2....

Did a quick search for you...and one for me to refresh my memory...probably stuff you know already.

Melasma can be the result of hormone replacement therapy, nutritional deficiency, medications... ex. (Antibiotics such as tetracycline (Achromycin), some diuretics (water pills) and antipsychotic medicines such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine) can sometimes cause brown spots, also some perfumes or lotions.

Also can be just be in the genes.

Apply your perfume or lotion to areas of your skin that will not be exposed to sun, use that sunscreen.

I have a few spots here and there (neck & stomach mostly so I can't complain), I've seen others post about it too, so your not alone with this. Family member also suffers with this, she tries to avoid the sun as much as possible, which makes a big difference, but hasn't found anything yet to be rid of it: ( Hope you can hit on the cause.

Take care
    Danny
  3. Kloet4

Kloet4 New Member

Seeing if I can get some more help??