Melatonin for refreshing sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skatskat, Sep 30, 2012.

1. skatskat

skatskat New Member

I have tried so many things for sleep but can never get into deep refreshing restorative sleep. No mater if I sleep for a few hours or get 7-8 hours sleep I never ever feel decent the next day. Am going to try melatonin tonight. I wonder if I should take it along with my regular Prosom and Estazolam (which, by the way don't really help, but still are my security blanket? I am so desperate like I know most of you are. Please help.

2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Can't take any of my regular sleeping stuff if I take tramadol. I'm taking 5 HTP (that calms the brain) plus Peaceful Nights from Prohealth. 4 is recommended but I seem to be OK with just 2. It's got some GABA in it to also calm the brain. I don't know what that medication is that you're taking but I think I would check with the pharmacist first for any interaction.

I understand how you're feeling. Seems like some days I'm DESPERATE for good sleep. I seem to sleep deep for 4 hrs. (l0 PM to 2 a.m.) then like a clock I'm awake for l l/2 hrs. to 2 hrs. until I can drift off for a couple more hrs. of waking up every hr. What an awful way to live. I know that good sleep would make the fatigue I suffer much better.