melatonin generic/brand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sissy123, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

My doctor let me in on alittle news about supplements and herbs. He told me only to buy the ones that are brand name because they are most likely to have the same amount of the herb or supplement in each dose because the company wants you to be satisfied so you will buy them again. I have tried it and I beleive him. I have become to use to klonipin for sleep so he suggested some drugs, ambien...but I am so sick of taking more drugs so he suggested melatonin and it works so good. Hope this helps. Sis
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Thanks for your post. I have been taking Melatonin (Always a name brand including Pro Health's brand which is great), for 12 years.

If you feel you need another supplement for deep sleep, you might want to try; ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6), I have been taking the ZMA along with the Melatonin for 18 months now.

I am sleeping deeply for 7-8 hours a night, and the RLS I have is gone! My spasms are much less frequent also.

Like your doctor advised, name brand is very important with ZMA, Pro Health's sells the very best, its put out by the SNAC company. All the other brands I tried did not work for sleep or the RLS.

I take the Melatonin to fall asleep, and the ZMA to stay in a deep stage four sleep.

They work well together for me............

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl