Melatonin is really helping me with sleep.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 29, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

The lady I met the other night told me to try it. I can't believe how it worked. I slept six hours the first night and more last night. This is in addition to the other things I take but I've never been able to do this. I hope it continues when I get home and am not as active.
  2. neeter1

neeter1 New Member

Hi! I have taking Melatonin for probably 10 yrs. It works very well for me. My doc asked me if I needed anything for sleep and told her about me taking Melatonin. She asked if it worked and told her it did. She said to continue taking it. Of course, there are some nights that I may only get 5 hr sleep, but, for the most part get really good sleep.

Take Care,
    Neeter1
  3. loonlady222

loonlady222 New Member

to help me sleep. It has helped me a lot to get at least 5-6 hrs of sleep. When I don't take it I have a restless nite. Is this something you can take continually over the years? Are there side affects to taking it for a period of time? Hugs Beth.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2006]
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

My name is MRDAD and I'm a Melatoninic!! It works well
    for me also. Take two before bed and I'm very sleepy with-
    in 20 mins. I've seen suggestions recently that they are
    best taken in the daytime spread out for later effect.

I'm sure that other research will come along soon to dis-
    pute that finding. (??) What ever happened to that
    Planet Pluto ?? It's now a Planette. Oh, Boy!!

The French always see to get their Whey!!
    Galileo were are you??
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2006]
  5. karalvd

karalvd New Member

I'm not sure if you have autoimmune problems, but you might think twice about taking melatonin if you do. I just found this out myself, but nearly all of the medical journals warn against it. I'm coming off it now, and it sucks.

;)