Melatonin Jamin/ et al

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granniluvsu, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Jam, or anyone else out there,

I just thought I needed to make this a separate post as my last one started at being about Melatonin and ended up about B/P.

I took the 300 mg tab last night a little after I took my Flexeril and Clonezapam - that I am trying to cut back on (the clonazpam), slowly. Well, first of all I think I might need to take them earlier than I did. I forgot about them and took them to close to bedtime and of course had to take them with water. So, I still kept waking up ( a couple of times) during the night and when I do I do have to go. Not that is the cause of me waking up.

I am thinking that I will have to up my dosage some but how long do think I should wait before I up my melatonin dosage ? I will probably do this for a short while (not sure how short though) and then try another 1/2 tab of the Melatonin. Does the Melatonin make you tired right away or does it take awhile? I know we are all different but was curious about it.

Also, when you take your nite supplements do you take them all together? I am wondering if I should take everything together or wait a bit to take the Melatonin after I have taken the meds before I take the supplement. I know your situation is different.

Just thought I would update on you on my Melatonin situation. Hopefully something will work or I will just have to go back on the small dosage of Clon/not that it is a lg dosage and only at night. I just hate to be dependant on something. Good grief !! However, it cannot hurt to try.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

2. Granniluvsu

Well, this is one big experiment for me. I will have to decide whether to try another 1/2 tonight or a whole one.

Do you think I should go ahead and try higher dosage tonight? I just don't want to end up to drugged or should I say groggy. Have you ever felt groggy the next day on the melatonin?? Or shoud I say groggier than usual (-: ?? For me I almost always feel that way anyhow.

I see you take your Melatonin about an hour before going to bed. We usually go about 10:30 or should I say sometimes we watch the news in bed at 10:00 and turn out the lights at 10:30. I try to remember to take the meds about 9:30 but was just trying to decide whether to take the Melatonin at the same time, before or after.

I guess eveyone is different in how it effects the and how quickly (the meds to).

Thanks so far on your help. If you have any thoughts please let me know.

3. Granniluvsu

Thanks again Jam,

This is one big experiment to me (-:: ! Will keep you updated !