Melatonin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gelsey, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Gelsey

Gelsey New Member

All: I just got a firm diagnosis today from a really good doctor. We decided I sleep all night but I dont sleep well, so my muscles dont repair and recover from activity. She suggested starting with melatonin. The problem is, I am afraid to take anything because most things just knock me out. I am a diabetic too and dont want to be so out of it that I cannot feel a low blood sugar at night. Is there anything else I can do to promote good levels of sleep? She suggested Valerian, but I have liver disease and I think that is on the no list.
    Any thoughts?
  2. Gelsey

Gelsey New Member

Strips huh? That's a cool deal. Let me see, I have 0.5 mg tablets that can be cut in half. Wonder if half would do anything at all? Again, I dont have trouble staying asleep but she thinks I most likely dont make it to those good stages of sleep.
  3. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I just took 3mg of time release melatonin & one valerian capsule about 2 hours ago. It does help the sleep some, but I still have a long way to go. Melatonin seems to be safe and won't make you groggy.. I also take a tylenol at the same time... Well nighty night to all and may you sleep well.......