Memorial Day...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laceymae, May 22, 2008.

1. laceymae

laceymae New Member

What's everybody doing for the holiday weekend???

Hopefully hubby will be off work this weekend and we can get our pool open. Maybe try to cook out some.

With gas prices so high we probably will stay very close to home.

hugs to all
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Your weekend sounds like mine. We are finally going to get our pool opened too and probably barbecue and just hang out and work around the house, trim bushes, stain deck, etc.... I am so excited to have a 3 day weekend.

I agree on staying around the house with gas prices, anyway, I am a homebody when I am not working and love to just enjoy my home.

Have a great weekend Lacey.

3. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Watching a couple of grandkids overnight on Saturday and taking them to church on Sunday. A cookout at our son's house on Monday. Hoping to get some gardening done. Godbless
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They have really cut our hours at the store. I'm only working 10 hrs. this week but they spread them over three days--Sun., Mon., and Tues. I don't mind working holidays as I have no family here and it gives others a chance to take off when I work.

My flare continues even though I've gotten rid of the sals and the Guai is working again. In addition to pain, I'm just soooo exhausted. My lymph nodes are swollen and I feel sick. There is a virus going around at work and this may be my immune system fighting it off. I'm taking my Acyclovir to keep any Herpes-Family Viruses from trying to reactivate.

Hope everyone who has plans has a good time.

Love, Mikie
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

it is around 40 degrees here! Was an awfully chilly morning till 4.00pm.

So I am doing the garden if the werather warms to 60, if not staying in bed sounds good!!!

Love Annie Have a good one,
    and a prayer for all of those we have this day for-remembering their lives given and service for us all.
  6. jole

jole Member

I am so excited because most of our kids will be home and I will get to see my grandkids. It will be laid back, all the girls helping in the kitchen or cooking outside.
    A trip to the cemetery to place flowers.
    Hubby, son and son in law are in the firing squad at the cemeteries for the Legion.
    May even go to a pond fishing if the weather is good. But as usual, it's suppose to rain here all weekend.

Mikie, sorry to hear you're not feeling well again. You were doing so well for awhile. Take care, okay?
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like we will be having a very quiet Memorial Day/ Everyone is iether to far away or has other plans. So we will be home by ourselves and mAY go out to eat. We will see.

Staying homw with the family and going into your pool sounds great to me with all your family around. That is nice. We never had a pool though. There was one in the community in Houston that we went to when the kids were growing up. As it is now, when our GK's come in the summer I end up going to the pool with them. DH couldn;t care less about it. I don;t really swim much either. Just get wet, cool of and sit and watch the kids - exciting huh !! I will most likely be doing that in a couple of weeks when we have two 10 yr old twins for one or two weeks, not sure. The pool keeps them busy but I can't take the sun that much or heat for a long time anymore.

Have a wonderful, fun and enjoyable weekend everyone !!!

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Guai is working again but I think the flare went on long enough to get me into a relapse. Also, the virus going around is making even normal people feel crappy.

I am resting all the time at home and am feeling a bit better. Thanks for the good wishes. Hugs and prayers to you and yours.

Love, Mikie