Memory Foam Mattress or Air Mattress

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spasco, Sep 22, 2005.

1. spasco

spasco New Member

Does anyone feel any difference with a Memory Foam mattress or an Air Mattress? My husband and I are considering getting one or the other. Wondered if they really make any difference in the quality of sleep or the amount of FM pain?

If you've not tried either one, have you tried the Cuddle Ewe Under Quilt? I have heard that helps a great deal. Any opinions out there? I would really appreciate any help you can give. I'm dying with my current mattress.

Thank you. God bless! Stephanie
  2. mistyd96

mistyd96 New Member

We got a 4 in memeory foam topper a few weeks ago, and it had been a godsend. I sleep better....stillnot great, but better and I am not waking up hurting all over anymore like I was on the old mattress.

Misty
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

In the summer, we live in our camper and I have a THICK queens size air mattress on top of our mattress. It is directly under the A/C vent and look forward all year long to sleeping on my BIG COLD BED. I think sleeping on AIR is the best, and very dense foam the next best alternative. Never slept on a Memory Foam mattress, but am sure it is WAY better than a conventional mattress.
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

but am concerned that I will be too warm. I have heard the memory foam & duddle ewe get a bit toasty. Wish I could try them free w/ no hassle what so ever - I need a magic wand:) lol

Kelly
  5. mistyd96

mistyd96 New Member

I was worried about it being too warm as well too, but Overstock was having a sale on some 640 count sheets so we bought some. They stay nice and cool as does our silk type comforter. You can go to some mattress stores who sell the Tempur pedic memory foam mattress and try them out. If you like the feeling but don't want to spend 1500 and up for the entire mattress, I would take a look at Overstock for their pads. When we got ours they had the 4 in thick on sale for 169.

Misty
  6. spasco

spasco New Member

For taking the time to respond to my ?'s. I appreciate everyone who answered.

God bless! Stephanie
  7. jennypee

jennypee New Member

It's so much easier to get to sleep when your limbs aren't going numb. I couldn't live without it. I just have a 2 inch.
  8. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I sleep on a good memory foam mattress-while I was hot flashing i did find it hot so I got a ceiling fan. The only thing i don't like about this bed is that you have to turn it, you don't have to flip it but turning it weekly is a pain. I would think about that air bed with seperate controls for each side and you don't have to turn it!!
    Dee50