Memory Foam Mattress Pads??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lindastlmo, Aug 23, 2006.

1. lindastlmo

lindastlmo New Member

I am fairly new on this website and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on Memory Foam Mattress Pads. 2" opposed to the 4". 2" seems thin and may not help too much, but I am not sure. Are they hot? Do they help the pressure points? I am thinking of ordering a 4" and before I do I would like some input. Also were to buy one?? Thanks to all..

Linda
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi Linda; I bought a 2" one from a t.v. home shopping channel, as I could send it back for a refund if it wasn't suitable. It's very good & eases the pain on pressure points. I don't find it hot, but then it does have a cotton cover.

However, I do wish I'd bought a 4" one for the extra pain relief.
  3. valleyann

valleyann New Member

I too bought a 2" memory foam, but also wish I had bought the 4". It would have been just that much more comfortable...but unfortunatly I couldn't afford the 4", it was quite a bit more expensive.

My memory foam topper also has a cover...so I haven't found it hot at all. But I think everyone is different, so you never know.

Mine had a 30 day refund policy so if I didn't like it I could return it. Just make sure that yours has this.

Val
  4. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I bought a 4" queen for our bed and it was great but alas they do break down.I put my fluffy mattress cushion on top and bought me a single one for my side of the bed.Poor hubby has to stay on his side LOL.Now it broke down which means lost it's firmness but it still helps so much more then without it.My plan is to keep building til I reach the ceiling then maybe DH will think the Sleep number bed is a bargain after all.Wish me luck!
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Compromise then, get a 3 inch! Thats what I did.

I got mine from Healthy Foundations online...I LOVE IT.
    I ordered it on a Tuesday, FedEx ground delivered it SATURDAY!!

It is my second MF mattress pad and I like this one better.
    My first one is called a "True Sleeper." It is still in great shape and it's about 4-5 years old.

Go to the healthy foundations website and read about the density and other important info I can't think of right now.

Good Luck!
    E

6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Not the original one but it works great.Linda