Memory Foam mattress

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cathat31, May 21, 2006.

1. cathat31

cathat31 New Member

Has anyone tried the memory foam mattress or pads? My husband bought me a memory foam mattress I can really feel the difference. I used to have a hard time falling asleep because of the cramping and aching and when I would get up I was so stiff and hurt so bad it was hard to get up out of bed. I am still a little stiff when I get up but not as bad as before. They are expensive but well worth the money. My mom bought the pad it was thin so she doubled it over and she says she sleeps better. Just thought I would share something that may help others.
  2. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I have one and LOVE it!!! I had bought 2 new mattresses
    ( I had to return the one as it was too soft ). Then I saw on home shopping network the memory foam.

I bought that and one of their pillows. To me it made a world of a difference. Not to mention the dog loves it as well.

3. It really helps me. I wouldn't go without it.
  4. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I had a recent post asking if people had gotten any relief from changing mattresses and got several good responses, but they were mixed. Some liked them and some said they made no real difference. I'm curious - is the memory foam an actual mattress that replaces your old mattress, or is it a topper that you place on top of your mattress. My morning stiffness is so bad that it takes me about an hour (and waiting for pain meds to kick in) before I can get up and move around.
    Thanks
    Mrs.
  5. cathat31

cathat31 New Member

They come in both the mattress that replaces your old mattress which is more exspensive, and they have just a topper that goes over the mattress if you go this way be sure to get a thick enough pad, the thinner ones of about 1 and a half inch do not do much good.
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

and I noticed a big difference in my sleep patterns. I didn't hurt as much when I got up in the morning. But, yes...they are getting expensive.