MEMORY FOAM TOPPER do sheets stay on?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shootingstar, Oct 22, 2006.

1. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I looked at a four-inch memory foam/fiberfill combination topper at Costco today, almost bought it, but then didn't. I have an older mattress/box springs which definitely need help. I'm currently using an eggcrate topper, which helps, but isn't that comfortable either. My sheets fit on this combination, but with four inches of topper I'm not sure they would.

Do standard deep-cut fitted bottom sheets work with these thicker toppers? Also, does anyone have experience with the Costco topper? It's 2 1/2 inches of memory foam backed with 1 1/2 inches of fiberfill so you are supposed to have a choice of a firmer or softer sleeping surface depending on which way you turn it.

Another option is a new bed - I don't want to spend the money, but maybe that is the way to go long term.

Thank you for any input.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

... pick up deeper sheets with the elastic all the way around. I use that, and it definitely helps.

Also, they have "garters" for sheets that go across the corners, and you can pick those up and try before buying new sheets. The garters didn't work for me, but they may for you.

Don't blame you re. buying a new bed. If the topper works, great! Mine sure helps. Good luck!
  3. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I have posted on here that It has helped me 50% with pain.

I just put the sheets on the topper itself and tuck them under.I don't have any experience with the deep sheets or the one's with elastic all the way around.

Overstock.com has the best price on the 4 inch topper that I have found.165.00 for the king size less if you buy more than one.They call it buying in bulk {2 or more}.

Dianne....atiledsner
  4. Liz919

Liz919 New Member

We have a memory foam mattress topper. The sheets NEVER stay on. It's live withable but if you have the money I'd look for special sheets. I have no clue what type of sheets we have as they're all hand me downs. Also the memory foam thingy is WONDERFUL. I mean like lifechanging wonderful. I can't sleep without it anymore. I'd suggest getting one or something like it. Personally I'd give just about anything for one of the whole mattresses. :)
  5. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

and I have these fastners, I got them at Bed Bath and Beyond, and you pinch the sheet and the cord that goes around the bottom of mattress and slide these on. I have four of them and plan to get more, they work great to keep the sheets on. I put one on hubby's side, and two on my side and one at my foot of bed. I am going to put one at the head of bed when I get more. Very inexpensive too!

Hope it helps
    Granny
  6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I'll check out overstock and see what is available. I had seen the sheet fasteners but had forgotten about those. Also I do need new sheets, so will check to see if there are some extra deep ones.

Thank you for responding.
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I have a topper on top of a bed.
    I take my topper to hotels.my sister's etc-It's like sleeping at home.Linds
  8. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Eesh..

I have the Costco Topper, I've had it for just about under a year now. More then a handful of times I've wanted to rip it off my bed and burn it. But it does make sleeping more comfortable when it stays on the bed..

The sheets? Oh yeah. The sheets stay on just fine.

Those little clips? Yep. I use 8 of the suckers to keep things super tight. I have the plastic/rubber ones that slide the fabric into place, and just incase those give way, the nasty metal ones are right behind them as back up. I'd use those right off the bat, but they've left large holes in previous sheets. So they're just backup, but still much needed.

I even bought those "No-Slip Grip" mats. They're the length of the bed, and sit between the mattresses to keep things from "shifting". Yeah right. At least when I buy a new bed I can cut them up and use them as shelf liners. They seem to be made of the same material.

Maybe it's because I'm super restless at night, but my topper on a good night still ends up hanging 3 or 4 inches off the side, and a couple more off the bottom. And that's using 8 clips, and the no slip grip mats. On a bad night, a person could sleep in the void of where the topper should be. It's nearly half my bed!

The sheets stay on it no problem, but for the life of me I can't keep the topper on my mattress!

Excuse the rant.

~Amanda
  9. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I have a topper I also bought at Costco in Canada. It is 2 1/2' thick and it comes with a zipped cover. I have my mattress cover it and then the sheets. I do have the ones with deep pockets, although I do NOT have a pillow top mattress. I have NO problem with the sheets at all. They do have the elastic on the sides and stay tucked in just fine.
  10. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

I have a thinner one. My problem is it develops a big hump. It doesn't bug me too much, but DH hates it and takes it off the bed!
  11. evol_or_revert

evol_or_revert New Member

I have something like this but not as thick to go on my bed. It is great but.. I can't have an electric blanket with mine :(. So I really miss the heat in winter and have to just use a hot water bottle.

Check to see if you can with that one maybe?
  12. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

It sounds like there are ways to make this work. Definitely have to do something soon.
  13. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I put my fitted sheet on just the topper, & a matching valance sheet stays on the mattress underneath. It works fine.

[ advertisement ]