Memory Issues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beccanrobg, May 5, 2006.

1. beccanrobg

beccanrobg Member

I have the memory issues that are so prevalent with the fibro= good ole fibrofog as they say. I laugh at my mistakes and shrug it off. but I'm not laughing now. I get scared - how do I know what I did or didn't do? How do I have any confidence in me? I wrap up cords and put them away and I've never done that before but I'm the only one that could. I can't figure where I am going or why in the car, house wherever.

Sure - laughing is good medicine - it is supposed to help but when your biggest fear is losing touch of self and then all of sudden you have memory issues - a lot - it isn't funny. It is scary.

I'm starting to wonder just what I know is true and what isn't. I have thoughts that I don't want anyone around. can't stand anyone - and then everything is great. What is real for me. I don't even know that. My thoughts change with the taking of my meds. if I go off of my anti-depressants it doesn't take but a day or too for me to start being annoyed by everything and everyone. I don't even like myself anymore and can't imagine anyone liking me.

Why like me? I have pain issues ongoing. I'm tired - I lack motivation and self-esteem. I don't keep the house up like I think I should. I don't have romantic feelings for my husband. I am at times emotionally distant from those I love and at the time. I don't care. What is loveable about that.

Sorry to post this - it is negative - but maybe someone else out there too feels a little despondent right now - I know it will get better. Thanks for letting me post this.
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

This sounds alot like a problem people have with ambien, a sleep med. They will get up at night and cook a meal, and not remember it. All because they were hungry. Stuff like that.

You are NOT alone! We all feel like that sometimes. There are times I am so irritated with hubby I could scream...and he hasn't even done anything! Luckily, he loves me alot, and knows how I am.

It's good that you came on here to vent. You need to get some of that negative emotion out, and here is a safe place to do that.

I don't know what to tell you about how to deal with the fibrofog. I have it too. I forget words and then my sentences don't make any sense at all.

Just keep on coming here. We are all here for each other.

God Bless.
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Gosh, that's going to be a screen name to "handle"! LO

Just a question...are you going on and off your meds yourself? That can sure mess with brain chemistry, so if so, maybe you should talk with prescribing dr(s) about what you need the most and what you can quit or take "prn", or as needed.

I often want to be alone and am irritable....I think it has to do with overstimulation really fogging me up and I just can't handle it. I do try to make time for my loved ones, even if I have to force it...I especially like dinnertime when we can sit and chat together....but then, I'm in my quiet zone and feel "remote" for much of the rest of the evening.

I think it is a survival mechanism, honestly. We can't handle things the way we used to, and its very maddening and frightening at the same time.

Both my SO and I have FM and CFS...we are concerned about what would happen if one other the other had a serious major health event....heart, stroke, cancer, etc...how would we remember our own meds AND the others?

Sometimes just facing the uncertainity and fears is half the battle and can trigger us to remember better, odd as it sounds.

Hope you feel better soon...and, could you give us a "nickname" to type our posts and replies to you???? LOL, I forget it before I type it!!!

Hugs,
    findmind
  4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I get scared to. I also worry about meds and the impact they can have on my thinking. Between the symptoms and the meds we are all going to get despondent at times. On the positive side, with such bad fibro fog maybe tomorrow you won't remember how despondent you felt today! Take care
  5. beccanrobg

beccanrobg Member

Musikmaker, findmind and unicornk thank you for your replies - sorry about the downer.

My husband is being real supportive - I've been diagnoised over 2 years now and I guess all the ramifications are coming to a head.

Also - I'm seeing how this dd is impacting me - I am a control freak and I don't have control anymore.

Anyway - am seeing my doc later this month - maybe a meds adjustment and then better management on my part will help with this mood stuff. I haven't been as consistant with the meds lately - some my fault some not getting them in time. Maybe they even have something for the brain....

Thanks for your posts and thoughts - God bless you and all those on this site.

Bec.