Memory Loss

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fleavitt, Aug 31, 2005.

1. fleavitt

fleavitt New Member

Thought the following website might be of interest:

DISTRACTION: Shedding Light on the Cognitive Underpinnings of Fibromyalgia Memory Loss.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/distraction2/index.html

2. heartinheaven

heartinheaven New Member

3. 123sandra

123sandra New Member

What was that? Forgot what you said!!! He,He,He,He
  4. quigmoore

quigmoore New Member

Thank you for this information. Memory loss is probably harder to live with than many of the other Fibro/CFS maladies.

quigmoore
  5. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

way too much to read, much less absorb this morning.
  6. chui

chui New Member

I had a neuropsychology test in June. This explains why I did better on the test than I thought I would. It was done in a quite room, well lit and ventilated, at a table and comfy chair, with rest periods.Because I know I forget the simplest things. Names of people I've known my whole life, families birthdates,my own address, phone numbers.I can't even do simple math problems. That test made me look like I was a liar. I printed the article and I'm submitting it with the test results when I appeal my SSD.It took awhile to read and absorb, but it was worth it. Thanks again sherry
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2005]
  7. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Great article! Best I've seen for explaining why we with FMS/CFS have problems with cognitive functions. I have found that my cognitive fuctions are getting worse and worse at work, even though my pain is for the most part under control. I couldn't understand why I was having such a problem, but from this article it looks like it was not the pain that is causing the memory problems.

Thanks again for the informative article! Sally
  8. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

The cognitive and pain pieces of FM just started this year for me. I think I've had other symptoms since I was 15. The distraction/inability to concentrate information about FM patients is so true.

My husband has ADD and I've been less than tolerant of his inability to finish anything. Now I can't even finish a sentence or remember the name of a thing I'm looking at--especially if I'm multi-tasking or interrupted. I think he's enjoying it a little. I can tell you I am not enjoying it at all.

Shoot, now I can't remember what else I was going to write. o well!!!

Francie