MEMORY PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by harmony21, May 1, 2007.

1. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Just a litle tid bit, am having awful time with things I need to do, go etc and just cant remember, by the time I get to the kitchen from the lounge it has gone,lists didnt help much cause I leave it at home, in the car, whatever.
    So am using my mobile phone to remind me like an alarm it works well so am happy, I know its only a little thing but little things together get big.......

love n hugs
    Connie
  2. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

I know the feeling. My memory is just about kapoot! I finally went out and bought one of those mini digital recorders. I had my son set it for me, so it is voice activated. I "remind" myself all the time of things I need and want to do. I even use it at work when I think of something I need to do when I get home.

I have also used it at Dr. appts. I was having trouble remembering everything I had talked about with the Doc, so now I just listen to the recording and make my notes.

it's ben pretty helpful so far. I got it at my local local Walgreen's. It was on sale and cost about $25.

Theresa
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2007]
  3. kizzypan

kizzypan New Member

I have a lot of difficulty remembering. Some times are so much worse that others and it seems as though stress really plays a large part of it. The sad part is when I am experiencing those times I will start stressing about it and it escalades into an even longer bout with it. How bout you?

You always hear and read about the fog, but that is the way I describe it to someone if I actually get the nerve to try and explain it.(sometimes even my family jokes about my loss of memory and they have no idea how hard I try to keep it together) Most of the time I can hide it, but it's hard.

I too am a note person. It's a good day when I actually remember to read my notes. Ha Ha
  4. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

OUT OF YOUR HEAD, LEARN TO BE KIND TO YOURSELF AND WHEN YOU HAVE GORGOTTEN SOMETHING INSTEAD OF TRYING TO RETRIEVE IT AND GETTING STRESSED EVEN MORE TELL YOURSELF, ITS OK AND ACTUALLY VISUALISE CHUCKING THE THING OUT OFF YOUR HEAD.......IF OTHERS DONT UNDRSTAND DONT WORRY WE DO, YEAH EASIER SAID THAN DONE AND DOESNT WORK ALL THE TIME BUT GIVE IT A TRY, NOT REMEMBERING ISNT GOING TO KILL SOMEONE SO TRY AND RELAX.....great advice from this stresshead!!!!

keep plodding on, geat idea bout the recorder I use my husband for the same thing,

love n hugs
    Connie
  5. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

much appreciated and look forward to it

love n hugs
    Connie
  6. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

so sorry every one I am now replying to MYSELF!!!!!

Man what hope do I have??????

so sorry.....

connie