Memory test required by Social Security

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillieblake, May 30, 2008.

1. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

I am scheduled by social security disability for a memory test. Any one have any experience with something like that? What can I expect?

Thanks, Lillie
  2. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

Just a lot of silly questions like naming the presidents backwards starting with the present, or counting backwards in 3's. I was surprised but I actually passed it.
  3. day2day

day2day Member

They had asked me a string of words, and later asked me to repeat them. I flunked. Can't remember the rest of the test though.
  4. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

I had to recite words forward and backward (I know I missed at least one backward one) play with photo cards (mostly good but slow) blocks (slow) list numbers, that sort of thing. this was a shrink who never asked squat about mood or state of mind so I know it went to the cognitive issues

judge had nerve to go on vacation! my lawyer will attack Monday........
  5. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

The shrink recited a string of words and I had to recite them back. Sometimes he would recite then, and then later on during the exam he would ask me to remember what the words were. Of course he did the numbers thing, counting by sevens to 100.

He spent a lot of time on the memory tests and it wore me out. I was very tired afterwards (I have a sleep disorder).

I remember getting a bit frustrated at times because I couldn't remember some of the words and the order in which he said them. It's best to try to relax during these tests, but I know it's difficult.
  6. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Mine was about 3.5 hours long, all afternoon & nobody informed me of that in advance.

Some of it was word or number memory, also had visual cues like make a bunch of color blocks look like a picture I'd been given.

Also about 3 tests with multiple choice questions.

I was worn out by it.

Then the SS ignored the results & denied me. 3.5 years later the test was used to grant me disability. Go figure...
  7. jmq

jmq New Member

I was sent to a medical dr. and psychologist by SS. I have no idea how I did except I was denied for SSDI.

The dr hardly asked me anything but the psychologist did give me some words to remember...I can not even remember how I did! ...and some math to do which I do remember flunking miserably. I think she also wanted me to count backwards which I did not do well at.