Memory worse than I thought........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by s--raquel, Oct 28, 2006.

1. s--raquel

s--raquel New Member

I have known about my 'brain-fog' for a while...it varies from amusing (mostly to others!) to frustrating to infuriating (mostly to others!) and sometimes a little scary...but I have been trying to memorize a bible verse
    for over a week now and CAN NOT DO IT!!! It's only a few
    sentences long...I CAN NOT DO IT!!! This seems huge to me...I used to read/comprehend wonderfully! I haven't had
    to memorize anything in forever...so I hadn't noticed how
    bad it was! It's a part of my brain that's just not working
    for me anymore!?!?

Anybody had any help with vitamins or ANYTHING to help with
    this problem?? Is this 'wax and wane' or maybe permanent!?!

2. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I find this problem wax's and wane's for me. I havn't noticed that taking anything in particular has made it worse or better although others here might be able to put you on to some vitamins etc.

I used to get really scared that these episodes would be permanent, but I have always got my brain back at some stage. I have found now though when it happens i don't panic anymore and these episodes dont seem to last as long as they used to. It just seems to be another WEIRD symptom of this disease. Something else doctors are at a loss to explain.. how...why etc.

Hoping this won't last very long for you.
  3. s--raquel

s--raquel New Member

Maedaze,

Thanks for post.I had an afterthought(imagine that!)LOL...
    I don't think I can take any more vitamins than I already do...I take ALOT!

Just hoping for something I guess? But this symptom will
    probably come and go like everything else...in the mean
    time, my cousin, who has fibro also...suggested this bible
    verse.."Jesus Wept"...It's the only one she could remember!

At least we can laugh at ourselves most times !!!!!!!!!!

4. huska

huska New Member

I ALWAYS HAD A WONDERFULL MEMORY UNTIL ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO....I CAN'T REMEMBER THINGS AND SOMETIMES IT SEEMS I FORGET HOW TO SAY SOME WORDS....SOMETIMES MY GIRLS AND MY HUSBAND TELL ME " OH, YOU ALREADY ASKED ME THAT 3 TIMES..." IT'S NOT A VERY GOOD FEELLING...
    I UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN.

LOVE,
    OLGA
  5. wld285

wld285 New Member

I do have brain fog really bad, but the past week it is really scaring me. Sometimes I have visions of not finding my way home. I can't remember things from the same day. Hope it improves soon!!!!
  6. Callum

Callum New Member

Which is essential to memorization. A trick I use when I'm learning lines for a play is a meditate first. Also, run what you want to learn right before you go to bed. Just a couple of times. This is when you are the most open to retention.

Good luck!

Callum