Memory

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IowanMom, Aug 3, 2006.

1. IowanMom

IowanMom New Member

I seem to be having more and more memory loss and brain fog. Last weekend I asked my daughter something and she told me I'd already asked her 3 times. Then Wed. I had to take her to a mtg. which I thought was at 11am. It was at 11am, but not until the next day. Lastly, yesterday she had Color Guard Camp and I thought it started at 8am. I took her to the High School, which is 10 miles away, and we discovered it wasn't until 9am.

I know we "both" need to pay more attention. I've "always" been such an organized person and find myself having trouble with this lately. In the past I've always kept her organized and moving along with all her many activities. I made her focus on her studies and those rules and timelines. She's going to be a Freshman in HS though, so she can figure it all out on her own. It's just frustrating to me because I want to be her back-up reminder.

Is this all because of the Fibro? Or is it because of the meds? I take a whole list, so I'm not going to list them all. But the most recently added one is Cymbalta, which has caused other things such as twitches, sweats, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Amy
  2. cczub

cczub New Member

I chalk it up to brain fog.. It's not always but there's usually 1 or 2 days a week I'm like that. I'm on no meds so I can't blame that...

I HAVE to write stuff down at work otherwise I forget them.. I've been forgetting alot of stuff at work for the last 2 weeks... It's been hurting my job performance and we are REALLY slow at work... Not a good combo.
  3. IowanMom

IowanMom New Member

How long have you known you have Fibro? Have you always had some sort of memory loss? Or did it just start recently?
    I'm sorry to hear that it's effecting your job. That stinks.
  4. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

I used to have a memory that was so strong, it amazed people that i could remember such small details about things. Now I am lucky to be able to remember what I ate for dinner the night before.

I help out a friend from time to time with his business. The other day I had to go to one of his rental properties to take pictures, I have been there several times, and all of a sudden, I didn't know how to get there. I was so provoked at myself for it. I had to actually stop and ask someone for directions to the street. It made me feel really angry and scared and upset.

I have started keeping two notebooks. one for his business and one for personal use. I write everything down that I did that day. That way if there's any question that I did something, I can look at the notebook and see. I also write down anything that is coming up that needs attention, such as doctor appointment times, when to pay a bill, etc.

One of the biggest problems my lack of memory is causing is I forget if I took my meds. I decided last night I was going to make a chart and put on the fridge to mark when and what meds I took so I don't overdose or forget them. I've been on an antibiotic for a week and I have way too many pills left so I know I've missed alot of doses.

Maybe you can do the notebook thing, it has really helped me. It's frustrating but you have to learn to deal with certain things and find any way you can to make things easier. Don't let this stupid disease beat you.

Lis
  5. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Well lets see my family dosent let me handel anything importent any more,i forgot how to spell my youngest daughters name,i went out back to call my 2 dogs and only remembered one dogs name the poor outher one just kept waiting intill i called her,i had to ask my daughter what the dogs name is,keep in mind that we have had the dog for over 7 years,so forgetting eveything and anything OH YA! god ole fibro fog,lol,take care and know your not alone,angelkisses
  6. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I feel out of control because I can't remember anything lately. I tend to repeat myself often, or I can find a word to complete my sentences.

It's annoying to have lost my mind over the past couple of years. I find it to be embarrassing sometimes.
    Angela
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'd say its brainfog .... memory loss...forget what you've said...forget what you're doing....lose thread of conversation.

I write things down on blackboard but sometimes I even write the wrong dates for things.

I constantly ask the same question.

I forget the names of things and that can be really embarrassing when I'm talking to people I dont know well.

Like every other symptom you'll find that this fluctuates too.

love
    Rosie
  8. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Your not alone.. my brain fog is probably more troubling to me than the physical aspects.. makes me feel like I'm losing my mind!
    I'm also on Cymbalta 120 mg. a day. It seemed to help the fibro fog at first though it is back in full swing. If you are having twitches etc. discuss it with your doc. It may not be the right drug for you. Alot of the folks here didn't do well on it. It does lessen my pain a little, my ibs isn't as horrible on it. Other than that I can't tell I take it except if I miss a dose I get horrible headaches!
    Hugs!
    dona
  9. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

Mine just keeps getting worse also, just like you wrong times, going places that you go millions of times and turning the wrong direction. It's soo aggravating the latest thats really aggravating me is I'll try to tell someone something and I stop mid sentence and can't seem to get the word out, It makes me feel so stupid especially when I'm talking to my young children and they are finishing my sentenses!!

Good luck ((hugs))