Memory

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RW54, Sep 3, 2006.

1. RW54

RW54 New Member

Late in the afternoon at work the other day, after an average day of go,go,go, I started really having the goof-ups. I was on the computer looking at names, numbers and trying to type. Nothing was coming out right. The more I strugled the worse it seemed to be. I was doing weard things too, like carrying a stapler around while looking for parts. ( I work as a partsman at an impliment dealer) Why that was, I do not know,. I realized it when I picked up the parts. I walked back into the shop to do a task and totally blew it off for some time, while the customer waited. I finally came around and realized what I was supposed to be doing.

Anyone have those moments with this DD?

Ron
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I mix up words a lot; speaking or typing. How long did your fog last?

Any change in meds or something that might have triggered this?
  3. TerryS

TerryS Member

But a few months ago I started noticing serious issues with remembering things and organization (my house and office are total chaos!). I started forgetting words, or forgetting where I was in the middle of sentences or conversations. Figured it was all part of aging.

But recently I'm noticing it more and more. Plus, I've stuttered a few times and the wrong word comes out when I'm speaking, or I say the right word but totally mispronounce it...what the heck is going on?

My daughter noticed it yesterday because it happened several times. I told her not worry, that I'm sure it's not "COW MAD mad disease"!!!

YIKES!

TERRY
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2006]
  4. AnjieCFSFM

AnjieCFSFM New Member

I've had increasingly major memory problems and everyone tells me,"Oh,everyone goes through that when they get older." It's been going on with me since my middle 20's. I know I'm not crazy...don't think it's Altzheihmers...but I DO believe it's tied into CFS and FM. Can't prove it...but I believe it to be true. ~*Anjie*~ :)
  5. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

http://fmaware.org/patient/research/cognitive.htm