memory

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjg4ever, Nov 7, 2006.

1. cjg4ever

cjg4ever New Member

I am having a really hard time remembering things.Is it a normal to have a hard time remembering things and being really forgetful when you have fm.
  2. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

This is a big problem for me and when I first realized I was having this, I was concerned also. It is normal with FM. Just make a lot of notes to yourself and loved ones.
    That way when I don't remember important stuff, my family can check up on me.

Important stuff like, paying the phone bill - I forgot that and didn't find out until I got the dead tone when I started to make a call. It's funny now, but it sure wasn't then. Ever since, dh asks me regularly if I've paid the utility bills.

Don't stress too much about it. You will adapt and find new ways to deal with old things.

I hope you're doing ok, sees
  3. Summit

Summit New Member

I'm sorry, what was the question???? LOL Yes, unfortunaetly, it's common in Fibro. You have to learn to take notes, make lists etc.
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I to have a hard time remmembering things. I can't remember where I park my car sometimes, I have lost my keys more times than any one I know. I don't remember wordss when I need them and it is really stressfull for me.

Rosemarie

Please don't write in all caps it is as if your yelling at us. Thanks so much
  5. bobbie1954

bobbie1954 New Member

I am diabetic and take my shots at night. Sometimes hubby will give them to me so I can give my tummy a break. Tonight I couldn't remember if he had given it to me or not, so I finally asked him... He had,lol I just kill myself sometimes. I have been telling my family, at my funeral I want them to tell the stories of the things I've said or done thru the years. I bet we all have those. You just have to laugh. This is not the way I wanted my life to be, but you just go with the flow.. and laugh at every opportunity.
  6. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

Yep, my memory has been going downhill and I have FM too. Today I was trying to tell my son this story/email about whether the Scottish wear underwear under their kilts.... but the conversation actually went like this.....

ME: Did you ever wonder if Scottish men wear underwear under those things they wear....uhhhhhh....ummmm....

SON: Kilts?

ME: Yes, kilts... well there was a picture of them, they were marching & playing those instruments uhmmmm...uhhh...

SON: BAGPIPES.

ME: Yes! the bagpipes!

- then we both were laughing and I told him to just fill in the blanks for me, hehe... Love, Susi-di
    P.S. No, they do not wear anything under their Kilts. :eek:)
  7. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I have been "entertaining" myself lately by bidding on and finding bargains on EBay.

On Monday, I got a set of earrings that I do not even remember bidding on, paying or ordering.....

I thought the seller must have made a mistake, so I checked my buying history and there it was.

I am still stunned by this. If my employer (I work from home) knew about my brain fog, I am sure they would can me.

As much as the ADs help me, I think the fog is worse since I've been on them.

Know how you feel.
    Sue in Ontario