men testosterone therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by heapsreal, Mar 30, 2009.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Hi, since a few guys have responded to the recent post about males with cfs, Im wondering if any of you guys have used testosterone with any luck with improvement in fatigue aches and pains etc. Im looking at possibly going down this road soon.

My last test results showed I had low free testosterone levels and low normal total testosterone levels. Im hoping by raising these that it will improve aches and pains as well as improve energy. My next doc appointment i will get results of a hormone saliva test i did. Depending on results, possibly getting dhea and testosterone.

I have been on the antiviral famvir now for 5 months and have had good results in that i dont crash anymore, you know like 2 steps forward 1-3 steps back etc. Im hoping for more horse power so to speak with hormones.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Never heard of it. If you try it, let us know how it goes.

Good luck

3. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I'm on testosterone and dhea. The problems is, I'm also doing other therapies at the same time, so I don't know if the small improvement I've had is due to the hormones.

One thing you can do is figure out how to quantify your level of energy. Start tracking it every day and write it down. Then track it after you start the hormones.